Polarstar vs jg upgraded vs a&k spr mod0

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by W3aTh3rmAn, Oct 15, 2012.

1. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

Ok, so as of right now I have g&g combat machine that is heavily upgraded and im looking to expand my arsenal. I have confirmation, my birthday, and christmas coming up. Im stuck between getting a polarstar a jg to upgrade, or dmr type rifle in the a&k. I would prefer the polarstar but i don't go to a field very often to get the gas refilled for free and it might be complicated for me to use and set up the polarstar. The jg im worried about reliability and spending alot if money on a jg if it craps out on me after 6 months. The A&k would be nice but i would leave that gun's internals stock if i got it, and I also question the reliability and again dont want to waste money on a bad gun. Much help would be appreciated also if you could link to a "inexpensive" polarstar setup with everything need to play i would be extremely thankful!

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    for a P* setup your going to be spending around 1000 no matter what.
    http://bingoairsoftworks.com/
    talk to them about putting a P* engine in any gun you want. Its cheaper seeing as teh engine only costs 450 and you can put it in a JG that costs under 200... No matter what 900-1100 is your average costs

http://shop.outlawairsoft.com/main.sc
    those guys can get your air rig for the best price as well

3. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

Thanks, I think i might purchase a boneyard jg m16 and drop a p* in it, get a stabilizer, hpa tank, and lipo battery and charger. Any details on what batteries to use or how to install a red cylinder?

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Wait, a polarstar for your birthday/Christmas? Holy sacks of Santa batman.

Anyways... I'd go with the JG. I have buyers regret on my polarstar... But that's partially due to me liking the whine of a well adjusted motor height.

5. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

Haha yeah. Well my birthday is like 2 weeks from christmas so i would probably just get one big present. But since outdoor fields are going to be shut down soon for winter I think if i do get a polarstar i will just save up for it and get it in the spring. Any advice on what jg gun i can get that pulls an m120 or more stock under $150?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    All of them under $150. Just get a JG M4 and send it to me for tuning once you have enough :p

7. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I traded my P* off for two other guns. They are cool but they are paintball guns. The only reason I owned one is because it was the first PTS Masada ever done.
    I would rather see you get something like an ICS, G&P or VFC instead of the JG. Better overall factory gun and all will pull an m120 spring factory without problems.

8. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

Thanks for the help guys i'll keep you informed when i get some more money! :)