PolarStar VSR 10

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by rochestersniper, Nov 11, 2012.

1. rochestersniper

rochestersniper New Member

http://polarstar.tklapp.com/products/precision-rifle/vsr-10-series.html
    It appears that you can buy directly from PolarStar's own site. Never came across it before today.

Two components I find intriguing are:
    $35 Polar Star High Flow Cylinder Head
    $65 Polar Star 90 Degree Piston
    Shipping is $5.

I have the stock teflon sealed cylinder head and piston that comes with the AA Zero trigger, which is doing a decent job at air seal, but not the best.

Are these two components worth the $105, or is there a better cost-effective deal? From what I've heard, I expect that PolarStar provides THE highest quality VSR upgrade parts.

2. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    I'd get the polar star cylinder head. It's supposedly much better than the Laylax and PDI ones because it not only improves durability and air seal, but also has a wider, more precise nozzle for better air flow and consistency. For $35, a very reasonable price, it's one I'd definitely get.

But I'd scrap the polar star piston. I'm getting 100% air seal with my AA piston already. If you're having compression issues (which shouldn't be the case), replace the O ring if it's worn or perhaps add some lubricant to the cylinder parts. The Polar Star cylinder head will also provide better compression and consistency.

3. rochestersniper

rochestersniper New Member

Alright thanks, I think I'll do just that.

Also, I think another problem that may be causing this is a bend point in the spring (Action Army M170). Is there a way to fix this without having to buy a new spring? It's really annoying because the cylinder is always slightly angled up when I cock it back. This probably isn't good for my zero trigger sears either.