Poorly Designed

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ShooterMcgavin, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    This is my first time finding out how poorly designed TM style M4 forward wiring is. Trying to get connectors through a tiny alternating sized hole is frustrating. I dont know if all M4s are this way or just G&P but this is harder than it should be...

Any tips on getting the connectors through the upper reciever to the front handguard because I am at my witts end atm.

2. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    I always did them one at a time, get the bulk of one connector through then start to push the other connector through.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Get some bullet connectors and put then in between the deans and gearbox.

4. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Yeah been trying that its just that the G&P hole is not perfect and has a sizable lip half way through it impeding the 2nd connector. I am going to try without heat shrink to see if that makes it easier. I have no clue why they designed it that way....:mad:\

Update. I finally got it.
    Taking the heat shrink off helped alot but still a little annoying that I have to reapply it every time I separate upper and lower reciever. I liked AK break downs better :/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    That's sort of weird, I don't think my G&P has a lip in the middle of the hole. Maybe you could scrape it out with an exacto knife or something.