Popularity

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by dtchaulk, Feb 28, 2013.

1. dtchaulk

dtchaulk New Member

So help me out here, is airsoft becoming a popular sport again or is it just losing a lot of players? I am asking mostly for the United States. Just curious. Thanks.

2. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Honestly, I think it's becoming more popular. There's definitely an influx of newer players on here.

3. dtchaulk

dtchaulk New Member

Ok that's good, I was hoping that would be the answer. Any other comments are also welcome.

4. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I live in area with a major lack of airsoft, and it is still definitely gaining popularity. If your seeing a lack of players at your local field, it's probably because the field sucks.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. dtchaulk

dtchaulk New Member

We just got Tac City south in fullerton so I think that'll help here.

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Up here in western NY I like to think it's growing. Over the past 2 years we have had 2 new shops open & both are working on opening fields.

7. RadicalAirsofter123

RadicalAirsofter123 New Member

Marine City
    Up here in Michigan almost every guy I go to school with plays airsoft. And they are not just using LPEAGs either, they have stuff like JGs, KA, ICS, CYMA, and lancer tactical. Although not many of them have much gear (usually just goggles).

8. 900fpsairsofter

900fpsairsofter New Member

In ga airsoft is lacking hardcore were i live its only me and 6 other friends S.A.S zombie night is the only popular airsoft place not many other places are popular

9. Carpathia

Carpathia Active Member

Springfield
    Here in Southern Illinois, it seems to be gaining popularity too. There is a field opening up in Springfield. I've noticed a few paintball fields (which are more numerous around here) opening up to airsofters as well. A CQB arena has also opened up in an old office building in Mattoon. Maybe I'm noticing this because I gained interest in the sport recently, or maybe I gained interest in the sport recently because it's gaining popularity.

10. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    in the 2.25 years i've been playing we've gone from about 6-10 regular players to well over 20. in the last 5 weeks we've been averaging 32 players each saturday. the current ratio of adults/kids is around 60% adults/40% kids

some are folks that have been back yard players that heard about us, got an invite and have been invited back. some are ex-paintballers that are joining the ranks and quite a few are total new-comers that have never played before or knew abut airsoft.

supposedly there is a growing number of players on St Thomas but i have no confirmation of this

11. Zardichar

Zardichar New Member Supporting Member

NW
    Here in Connecticut, people have started to shun people who play airsoft, mainly because they think that all of us will grow up, go crazy and shoot up a school...

12. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Thats dumb, darn hippies :\

13. Carpathia

Carpathia Active Member

Springfield
    You have to expect that sort of thing where such tragic events have taken place. I'm sure airsoft isn't looked upon in a positive light in Colorado either.