Potential inspiration

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by 1striker, Sep 2, 2012.

1. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Hey guys this is the gear I currently have, I have been thinking about doing a dedicated impression with what I have, any suggestions?

Kit list:
    5.11 multicams
    SOTECH Callahan
    AGM 416 (upgraded) eotech 553 magpul afg2
    Hfc m190
    Claymore
    2 tornado grenades
    Various other misc
    Mich 2000 (real steel) now tan with patches, Velcro and nvg mount

Attached Files:

2. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Anyone care to chime in?

3. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    No need for a double post, broski :p.

Besides the SOTech Callahan plate carrier, which I haven't heard of being used much or at all in US SOF, you have some really good potential for a pandora's box of impressions. Are you interested in a specific one?

4. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    No not a specific one, I am using it as kind of a throw together loadout right now, sometimes I throw on my bdus with it. I didn't know if anyone had any ideas of something this could sort of morph into. I thought about doing maybe a pj or sf type kit but I didn't want to get a whole new carrier cause I really like the Callahan.

5. Grin

Irvine
    I personally have no recollection of seeing or hearing of US SOF using the callahan, but regardless your loadout looks good. Perhaps Knief or JohnGol have heard of it being used.

6. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    I have heard of them using it and here's a few pics. The pics look very legit especially the first and 2nd ones. What do you think?

Attached Files:

7. Grin

Irvine
    I would normally give you a super-special Grin-flavored blessing but they all seem to be in khaki... But whatever...

8. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Yeah mine is khaki too, along with all of my pouches which are either sflcs issue or eagle

9. Grin

Irvine
    Oh holy crap I thought it was in MC xD. Well then, you have my approval. It would work with a number of loadouts!

10. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Yeah I got khaki so I could wear it with pretty much anything, all I need for it is a MAP pack and soft armor inserts, I run it with my level 3+ plates now for real steel shooting.

11. Grin

Irvine
    Ah cool. Khaki is a great colour to get a rig in. I'm actually in the process of trying to obtain an MJK EPC right now.

12. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    I think I will try to turn this into a loose army SF loadout I think I will do a 18d kit so I will need my SOTECH mission go bag with all my medical stuff, maybe a stomp ii, prc 148, comtac ii, ptt, and maybe a safariland 6004 belt mounted or a serpa. Anything else? Maybe knief has some better insight.

13. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Nice rig, I like my Callahan cause it also converts to a chest rig

14. Grin

Irvine
    If you give me some time I'll try to find about what year they used the callahan and I can tell you what you'll need for a kit. One thing's for certain, I haven't seen them using Multicam. So far, I've only found reference pictures with DCU's and non-camouflage clothing.

15. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Actually I know For certain they have been using multicam since at least '09, that I confirmed with a green beret I met at fort Bragg this summer

16. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Here's one pic circa 2009-2010

Attached Files:

17. Grin

Irvine
    Okay when I finish up with work today I'll come back and post a general kitlist for ya. But for now, I gotta go.

18. TAPairsoftjericho

TAPairsoftjericho New Member

Garden Grove
    Can you post a link to your type callahan o have been looking for one. Sorry don't mean to thread jack..... Also I believe that you could pull off a loose SOF impression.

19. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
  20. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I don't believe a Callahan will really work, you cant really call it a SOF Impression, even loosely.