Power up suppressor inner barrel removal

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by trashatairsoft, Mar 12, 2017.

1. trashatairsoft

trashatairsoft New Member

I just bought an Angel Custom disruptor suppressor + 6.01 inner barrel extension and was wondering if anyone had any experience removing the inner barrel? I have no interest in using a crappy power up suppressor but really liked the look of this one so i bought it on a whim. However the inner barrel seems impossible to remove from it. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

2. Madmartigan1022

Madmartigan1022 New Member

Minneapolis
    You ever figure out if you can remove it? Just bought one cheap and I’m hoping to do so!

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Most likely it is threaded and glue.

Got a picture?

4. Madmartigan1022

Minneapolis
    https://www.evike.com/products/37197/

This is the unit, haven’t gotten the actual one yet, I’ve got a few ideas on how I could chop/drill and rebuild it, if I wind up being able to in a good way I’ll respond to the post with pictures for future folks

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    [​IMG]

Drill...why be destructive? Front shows its a cap. Have you tried unscrewing it?

If you can't it's most likely glued on...attack it with heat to dissolve the glue and then unthread it.

6. Madmartigan1022

Minneapolis
    I don't have it in hand yet, so I won't know until I do which is why I was hoping someone has done it before.

I definitely plan to be as least destructive as possible, if I can truly just remove the barrel guts and put the endcap back on that's ideal. The concern is that on this version I think it's possible that the barrel extension which is spring loaded is what in part helps the suppressor be quick release/it keeps reverse pressure on the joint/mount to hold it in place.

I've seen a few people elsewhere wonder about gutting these because the barrel extension is a terrible idea, so once I receive it and figure it out, I plan to post my findings and best plan of action!

Cheers!

7. trashatairsoft

I'm almost positive the solution for my supressor won't be the same as it will be for yours as it's a completely different design, but I can say getting the housing apart to expose the inner barrel was extremely difficult and frustrating with the disruptor. Looks incredible though and is lightweight with the internals stripped out. There's a very fine seam with the disruptor where a sort of cap is installed, and getting between the layers and prying it open nearly had me in tears several times. I can only hope yours is easier to get apart. Godspeed IMG_20200510_214537.jpg

8. trashatairsoft

Oh and I destroyed the quick release in the process and had to glue the threads into the housing or it just spun endlessly.

Madmartigan1022 likes this.
  9. Madmartigan1022

Minneapolis
    Thanks for the reply, I apologize I didn’t see it until now! That suppressor looks siiiiick on there, fortunately the power up suppressor unscrews easily and you can gut the inner barrel easily and run without it. It stays fairly tight but I added a little gorilla tape to the flashhider to make it super snug. I plan to add foam at some point but for now it works and looks mean .

REAPER556 likes this.
  10. Hyena Tactical Design

Hyena Tactical Design New Member

Zimmerman
    this might not be the most elegant blow by blow, but i figured id try and help.

removal steps
    1. open the barrel alignment latch
    2. Find and remove the hex key set screw down throw the open bit of the barrel alignment latch. (With something like a 1/16th or 1.5mm Hex Key)
    3. Once the set screw is removed the rotating 14mm thread can be pulled out revealing the threaded washer that sets around the inner barrel. There will be 2 holes on either side they can be removed with a set of hog ring plyers or two hex key wrenches.
    4. Hex Key method: insert hex keys in each hole, and cross them using the inner barrel for leverage. by applying pressure ccw manner the washer with unthread.
    5. Hog ring plyers is the same as the keys except you just insert the tip of the plyers into the holes.
    6. Once this is done the disrupter will simply pull or fall apart. (make sure you don't lose any parts)

Hope this helped. :)

Squad144 likes this.
  11. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    Late to the thread, but did the same thing with an mp9 power up suppressor…, you can get an acetech BT ultra compact in there to make it a tracer unit, when you need one too. I took an old mountain bike inner tube and slid it over the tracer unit, and it shims it to center, then get it to hold in place with some foam. I had this stuff lying around already.