Problems with looking down optics!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Ikc19, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

I have a mediocre plate carrier that I bought from evike a while ago. It performs well however recently I bought a Reflex Sight with Dovetail base optic from a local shop. It works fine however when trying to site it I typically have problems with being able to see the red dot because of restriction from the plate carrier and my mesh lower face guard coming in contact. So I am in the market for a new plate carrier between $60-$100. Being a relatively mediocre player what is a good plate carrier that doesn't restrict my mobility when shouldering and sighting my gun through the optic. I run with s G&G Raider Long, and use a lower mesh face mask with Lancer Tactical Protective Googles.
    Thanks

2. TangoNoob

TangoNoob New Member

I have a few questions.

1. How tall are you?
    2. Does your gun have a collapsible or fixed stock?
    3. How high does your red dot sit off of the rifle? Is it basically on top of the rail or does it sit a half inch/inch up off the rifle?
    4. What plate carrier do you currently run?

I honestly don't think you should have to buy a new plate carrier. You might need to simply get comfortable with shooting with a plate carrier on because it does require a different shooting form. But if you're insistent on a new plate carrier, look at the replica of the LBT 6094a plate carrier or look at the TMC JPC. They're both very low profile and don't cover much of the shoulder area.

3. Magpulman

Magpulman Active Member

Stevenson
    A) don't look at the TMC JPC
    B) maybe ditch the mesh face protection if possible? Stuff like that has been known to cause some sighting issues.
    C) if you must get a new carrier, the straps on the JPC would probably be the least restricting. For budget brands look at MODI and Flyye.

4. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

I am about 6' but I am still growing and I want to use the plate carrier long term

I play with a G&G raider and I pull my stock back about three notches

My sight is basically on the rail

Avengers USMC MOD-II Quick Release Body Armor Vest - is my current plate carrier

5. imnotcrazy777

imnotcrazy777 Active Member Supporting Member

If you have something like this then you can sort of bend it to fit better, although I've never heard of them getting in the way. If you don't have one of those, then buy one! They're great low profile face protection that lets you breathe.

The Flyye 6094 is a small bit above your price range, but maybe you could find one that's already been used for a discounted price. Or you can look at quality chest rigs, depending on if you want something really light or just moderately light.

6. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

Where can I find the replica LBT at what online stores sale them that are trust worthy

7. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    I use an ironface face mask. It's actually plastic and is very bended to my face. Here is a picture. ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1434029095.141698.jpg

8. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

I have the mesh mask from bravo, and i was looking at the flyye 6094 last night, I could do some extra saving and get it because it looks like the best one for me. However I am still looking at the JPC. Thanks though man

9. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

Do you know if they are CQB field legal

10. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    Rail risers. Should give you the clearance to aim down sight.

11. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

Thanks I will look into them

12. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    If a mesh lower is acceptable at your field I'm %90 it will be fine too it's like the same but I like it better.

13. Ikc19

Ikc19 New Member

Cool, when you get hit in the face does it basically do the same or do you feel more of the hit

14. kozicki

kozicki New Member

I don't think anyone has mentioned this. If you have a mesh lower facemask bend it to fit your stock where you can aim down sights easily.

15. templarairsoft

templarairsoft New Member

Phoenix
    Get a riser for your sight. That way you don't really have to come in contact with the stock in order to aim better.

16. saprissa9

saprissa9 New Member

Union
    Have you ever got shot with these? Can you still use them after being shot? Does it protect your teeth? I am also having problems looking down on my dot sight. My wired mesh half mask does not allow me to use my sights properly. I wanna use a helmet so full face mask is out of the question guys. I also don't want to lose my teeth so I need some sort of protection that allows me to use a scope/red dot sight. I was also looking at these but I don't know

http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=30_937_744&sort=3a&page=1

17. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    You don't feel a thing. You can hear it and it may frighten you just like a shot to the goggles will, but other than that they just bounce right off the mesh mask. I use them and I can verify this.

Listen to this guy. Instead of buying new facial gear or modifying the gun's stock, just go out and buy a metal riser. They attach right to the top rail of your gun and only cost about $15. After that you will have no problem aiming through the optic while wearing a standard mesh mask and goggles.