Project build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Abus2uranus, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Abus2uranus

Abus2uranus New Member

I'm going to start a project sniper and the gun I got is the JG bar 10 and I already have laylax piston, piston head and a PDI 210 spring in it. I also put a promethius 6.01 tight bore barrel in it and hard hopup bucking. As for the hopup though is where I'm stumped on but currently I only have a danger works hopup arm. As for the trigger box is all stock for now but sometime I'm going to invest in a action army zero trigger because the laylax one is waay to exspensive but if I missed anything please tell me what else I should put in.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    How about an R-hop. Or you could pick up a PDI hopup chamber and new AEG cut inner barrel then install an ER-hop.

How about DIY mods? Have you looked into any of those? Dental floss hopup seal, stabalize your inner barrel, LRB etc.
    Most of those can be done easily, and won't be super pricey.

And just because, you should add some pictures to this thread. Just to please the eyes really. But that way it makes this thread more "personalized", you know?

3. Abus2uranus

Abus2uranus New Member

That's the things that was confusing me because I wasnt sure that a PDI hopup was compatible with the bar 10. But as those mods you were talking about all Ive done like that was just wrapped the cylinder head in Teflon tape.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well the closer you get to a 100% airseal the better. And the compressed air will find anyway out that it can, so sealing your bucking with Teflon tape wouldn't be a bad idea either, but the dental floss method works better. So you should check that out too.

But an R-hop will give you a major boost in accuracy and range, especially if paired with a quality inner barrel. And even more so if you ER-hop it.

If you don't want to do those, a flat hop will also be beneficial. It too would require some modifications, but its worth it in the end. Especially if you pair a flat hop with an R-hop.

5. Abus2uranus

Abus2uranus New Member

6. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    First of all, you went wrong on the barrel. The thing is is that you paid the money for a great barrel, but got a 6.01 when you SHOULD have gotten a 6.03. The .01 won't be as good.
    Many people will recommend doing r-hop, so I'd look into that.

7. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I don't know a ton about snipers but helped my friend with his bar 10 build, I'd upgrade the sears

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    It will, but PDI make two versions. One uses the PDI cylinder head, but you may need a new cylinder. And the other allows you to use the stock cylinder head. I think the one you linked is the first one.

9. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    The sears definitely should be upgraded if using a stronger spring.

10. Abus2uranus

Abus2uranus New Member

yeah thats the one because in the info it comes with a bucking hop up and the cylinder head

11. Abus2uranus

Abus2uranus New Member

The trigger box i bought cam with upgraded seers but im going to probably get better ones

12. Abus2uranus

Abus2uranus New Member

what do you mean i went wrong with it?