Project gun help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by 703, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Hey everyone so I just bought a JG M16. I picked it up for 35.00.
    Seller said it didn't work and was right. ( I thought it might of just been a battery issue )

Anyways Im excited because it will be a project gun.

Symtoms - Plug my battery in and turn gun to semi. Pull the trigger and it makes a springy noise like the motor is having trouble pulling the spring ? After like 2 shots it dies completely and pulling trigger does nothing.

Things I've done - Checked fuse...

Any ideas of what the problem could be so I know what to look for. Gun is bone stock by the way. And this will be my first time doing any internal work but I want to learn so this is the "perfect" gun as it didn't cost that much

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Maybe tight shimming? Just saying, it's happened to me.... Lol even if the person said, "yea, I'v never even opened it up" doesn't mean he hasn't.

3. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I bought it from a paintballer and there are no wear or marks on the pins that are used to take the gun apart.

4. TheAirsoftTech

Ok, ummm.. You've probably already tried this, but does the battery you're using have enough strength to pull the spring?

5. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Yea it's a 7.4 Lipo. Didn't try it with my 11.1 but I guess I could

6. Failcat

Failcat New Member

Pittsburgh
    My vote is a dead battery. What type of battery and charger setup are you running?

7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    7.4 Lipo battery / 11.1 lipo. Both are fully charged.

EDIT : Plugged my 11.1 in and it's shooting fine now...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  8. TheAirsoftTech

Did the 11.1v work? (20char)

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Yea :confused: Wierd...

10. TheAirsoftTech

Maybe your 7.4v doesn't have the strength to pull it? Or it doesn't have a good'n healthy charge?

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Probaly a little of both. I used it all day saturday so it's not at full charge and even if it was it's only a 15c so that could be the issue.

I do have to say ROF on this gun SUCK's even with the 11.1 in it.

So yea I paid 35.00 for a fully working JG M16 :D My assumption was correct about it being a battery issue.

Thank you for the help :)

12. TheAirsoftTech

Cool, glad I could help. :)

What do you plan on doing to it? ROF build? DMR build? Or just a great field gun?

13. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Actually it's still acting up even with the 11.1 :(
    And honestly probaly sell it lol

14. TheAirsoftTech

Lol, that's how I roll. Wheel'n deal.

Umm, maybe the trigger contacts are burnt out? Or the motor?

15. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Hmm I guess ill find out when I open it.. Really didn't want to but I guess It will help me learn how to work on them so it's not all bad.

16. TheAirsoftTech

Have you ever opened a GB up?

17. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Not really.. But one quick question before I do. Could it possibly be the fact that I have to use a tamiya > deans adapter right now ? The gun has large tamiya on it and my batteries are wired to deans so I have to use a connector. Is it possible the connection is just bad and rewiring gun to deans will help.

18. TheAirsoftTech

Well, does it work on other guns? I wouldn't think it would be a problem unless your deans or tamiya connects are messed up.

By the way, opening a gearbox ,especially a V2 is really easy IMO.

19. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I've been using it to charge my batteries for over a year now so I don't think it's the problem.

So trigger contacts / motor are probaly the issue ?

I know it's not hard opening it, it's just putting it all back together... Im most worried about the trigger assembly. I watched my friend work on one and that and the ARL seems like they are the biggest issues when putting it back together.

20. TheAirsoftTech

The trigger contacts or motor, either one would more than likely be the problem. But, I'm not exactly an expert tech by any means, so conformation from guys like Alex, EDI1st, NorTech, and others can give you a better diagnosis than I can.

But, the trigger assembly isn't to bad, just use common sense on it. Also, IMO, the ARL on versions 2 and 3 aren't that hard to work with. BUT, the version 6 and 7 ARL's are a literal PITA. (6 not as much)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012