Prowin Gearbox 7mm (Give me a shoutout if you worked on these before)

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by egotekkenh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. egotekkenh

egotekkenh New Member

West Covina
    Relic from the past I dug up. Will be a 6 month long project gun in the making because I'm busy. Anybody worked on these before? Will probably need some advice and a manual. Give me a shout out if you experienced with these before. I know there are lots of modifications involved and dremeling. And no I didn't burn my money on this. Got it for free.

Mr. Burns: Excellent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Whatever you do, try not to break the tappet plate lol

And you are a lucky bastard for getting it free.

3. egotekkenh

egotekkenh New Member

West Covina
    Haha darn. I was hoping the tappet plate was v2 compatible friendly. Thanks for the warning! Have you worked on this before?

4. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Just out of curiosity how good is the compression between the air nozzle and the hop up. It must be very consistent do to the integrated hop up.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  5. egotekkenh

egotekkenh New Member

West Covina
    From what I have been reading it seems like its a 50/50 chance you will get an increase. I have been seeing people who get zilch, but then some say some was able to get an increase of 70 fps. This was based on results from 2006-2008, I believe. Now I believe techs can increase fps quite a bit with current techniques so pretty much this gb is not needed, but I enjoy playing with outdoor field fps and unlimited fps games. I need something versatile where I can change a spring out. I'm not comfortable with ICS' pot metal split gb but will need something to handle an ideal range of m110 to m170 spring.

6. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Definitely a very cool shell I'd like to see how it stands up in an M170+ build.

7. mikenike

mikenike New Member

As I've heard, these shells are indestructible. (Not literally)

8. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Can someone enlighten me on why exactly this gearbox is so great? I'v never heard if it before...

9. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    They're high quality CNC'd Aluminum with an integrated hop up unit.

Well, that's a description of them, and is probably why people think they're great.

Do I think they're great?

They're high quality, but that's about it. The integrated hop up is said to raise hte FPS output for any given spring. It will raise the FPS output on any given spring as compared to a regular GB and HU combo, if and only if there is an air leak in the standard set up.

I am able to achieve a perfect air seal on a standard type set up, so I personally have no need for one. I'd take one if it was given to me though.

10. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Alright, I could see how one could be beneficial... But, again, how it couldn't.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Are there different models for different version gearboxes?

11. egotekkenh

egotekkenh New Member

West Covina
    Unfortunately not, that I could recall. Just a V2 version. 7mm & 8mm version. The 8mm is grey. Only a few of these were produced and no longer in production now.