Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 4 EMP1s 9ish months and I have used them at least 150 times (spread out across 20 4hr sessions give or take). I'm only getting maybe 80-90 rounds per mag. Tryna decide if I need to take them apart or how to fix that.

I also bought the PTS ak mags which I can load fully right out of the bag... No, not a pts fan at all. Just liked the look of the shorties, and the pts ak mags are the only ones that feed in my Dytac FE build.

Anything Helps

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
How are you counting rounds & how are you loading them? Best to go by weight, full mag minus empty mag - the marks on most speed loaders aren't that accurate. Some sidewinder feed mechs are weaker than the mag spring over a certain capacity, I know I can only cram about 200 into the 250 EPM with mine. That said, it's not to unusual for the advertised capacity to be a bit 'optimistic' as well...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you counting rounds & how are you loading them? Best to go by weight, full mag minus empty mag - the marks on most speed loaders aren't that accurate. Some sidewinder feed mechs are weaker than the mag spring over a certain capacity, I know I can only cram about 200 into the 250 EPM with mine. That said, it's not to unusual for the advertised capacity to be a bit 'optimistic' as well...
Odin Sidewinder. I took the mag out of the skin (best way i can explain that), counted pairs of 2 and multipled by that number. Overkill yes but it was either that or hand counting each bb

·
Administrator
11,379 Posts
You need a good BB loader to get the last 100 in.

Myself I am using a TM XL BB loader and I can get them loaded.

·
Administrator
11,379 Posts
Bad bbs will also cause loading issue.

What brand and weight of bb are you loading?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
clutch nut is the one in the center of the disk the handle attaches to; here's the procedure: link

Amusingly there's a section on that page about using the odin w/ EMP1 mags

1 - 14 of 14 Posts