ptw,ctw

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by brock1667, Sep 11, 2012.

1. brock1667

brock1667 New Member

any info about either a ctw or a ptw. or where i can find one in stock

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

3. AirSplat

AirSplat New Member

That is correct we do carry the systema rifles! What information do you need? You can PM us with any questions or you can call in and speak with out world class customer service team 626-539-3900

4. brock1667

brock1667 New Member

do u have ctw in stock? and in what ways would a ptw be superior?

5. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Join the systema user forums. There is a guy there that sells brand new PTWs that he tunes. He also has other mods he can do for you if you wish.

As far as I know CTWs haven't come out with any new models. The PTW just came out with their 2012 series. They fix a lot of issues with the old PTWs such as motors dieing prematurely.

6. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    One question. Why Systema?

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Because they be 5Up3r 1337.

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    PTW/CTW doesn't perform better at all.
    All they have are the unneeded features that only applies to law enforcement training.

Spend like half of the cost and build an AEG that's over 9000x better...

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Correction, they have features that Edi1st doesn't value. That doesn't make them unneeded to everybody else. Between the realistic dimensions, quick change cylinders, high end performance, and long term durability, SystemA has put together a bundle of features that no other AEG on the market can match. You can build an AEG to do some of those things, but never all of them. And as long as you're working with a TM based gearbox, you're working with a less efficient, more breakage prone system. SystemAs aren't perfect. Their hop up is crap and their 2008-early 2009 guns had junk motors. There's always a chance that the 2012 models will show similar problems as more hit the market. But if the set of features that a PTW offers is right for you, it's an excellent gun. I've been running mine since 2007 without any problems or malfunctions whatsoever, and I've never felt outgunned or over matched on the field with it. 90% of the time, I'm hitting players while their bbs are falling short, not the other way around.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I see JGs last over 1,000,000 rounds.....just saying.....

11. DSCAllDay

DSCAllDay New Member

Los Gatos
    I agree that you probably couldn't build a custom rifle to do everything that a Systema does, but it is definitely possible to build a custom rifle to outperform it in pure range, accuracy, and RoF.

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, that's absolutely true. And if your only concern is with what the bb does when it leaves the barrel, then a PTW isn't for you. And that's okay. That's why different products exist. That's why I can buy a Honda Civic and you can buy a Ford Explorer, because we each want and need different things out of our cars. This is maybe the most important thing to remember when giving gun advice, so here comes the bold: What you want and need in a gun may be drastically different from what others want and need in a gun. Make sure you understand what the other person wants out of a gun before you make any suggestions. If you don't, you're not helping him meet his needs, you're helping him meet your needs.

I wouldn't recommend a PTW to 90% of the members on this forum. It's simply not a good fit for many of the types of players that Airsoft Society attracts. But that doesn't mean that it's a bad gun. It just means that it offers a different set of features and benefits than what many of the players here are looking for.

EDI,

I've never seen a JG able to move from 350 to 400 to 550 FPS and back down again in under a minute. Different set of features, man.

13. nitebreed

nitebreed New Member

woodstock
    [QUOTEI've never seen a JG able to move from 350 to 400 to 550 FPS and back down again in under a minute. Different set of features, man.[/QUOTE]

why do you need to go from 350 to 400 to 550 fps in a minute and i have a lot of guns that go from 400 to 350 in less then a minute i drop the one that goes 400 in my gun bag and grab my 350 fps gun

14. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    [/quote]

why do you need to go from 350 to 400 to 550 fps in a minute and i have a lot of guns that go from 400 to 350 in less then a minute i drop the one that goes 400 in my gun bag and grab my 350 fps gun[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sure that's more effective.

15. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Quickly changing powerlevels can be done with M4s. There are several different ways to quickly and easily do it.

But I do agree with Knief, the PTW is for a different breed of airsofters. They have all these crazy features that make them more realistic, features that not everyone needs or wants sometimes. Do I want one, Sure! They're still cool machines, would I pay $1000+ for one, no, I wouldn't. PTWs fit that small, nitch market of people that want to shell out that much money for an amazing replica.

Now, If I were building a rifle to compete with, not to just have fun with, I'd chose something besides a PTW. Too many features and not enough functionality, if that makes sense. But this is getting WAAAAAY off topic.

OP, best bet is to join the Systema PTW forums. You should be able to find a used one, or possibly new ones to purchase.

16. DSCAllDay

DSCAllDay New Member

Los Gatos
    Agreed. But I have a question. Why don't hardcore MILSIM players run highly upgraded GBB's with NPAS instead of PTW's? Most GBB's are Mil-Spec, are field-stripped more realistically than a PTW, don't need batteries, have the best trigger response, and have more realistic blow back. On top of that, with NPAS, joule output/ fps is variable. My HK416 GBB has real steel rails, grip, buis, stock; and more realistic bolt system and even a faux gas piston. It also strips down like the real thing.

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    There are two reasons, at least up here in Michigan. The first is universal, gas just isn't a consistent propellant. The more you shoot it, especially in full auto, the colder it gets, the more your FPS drops. As your FPS drop from shot to shot, your round placement changes and your hop up's effect changes. Ambient temperature changes the game as well. This is the same reason why spring sniper rifles are more accurate than gas sniper rifles. AEGs can offer much better consistency. P*s are an answer to that, but the external tank and hose is a turn off to some (me, for instance)

And here in Michigan, gas rifles are useless in the winter and we have a lot of winter.

I think gas rifles are a lot of fun to play around with and make a great second or third gun. But I their inherent inconsistency makes them a hard sell as the first or only option for a lot of players.

Nitebreed,

I've actually had a many instances where the ability to change FPS greatly in a short time allowed me to be very effective. One of the fields I play on regularly has two steep slopes on either side and a valley with some buildings and villages in the middle. In the past, I've had occasion to use my red cylinder (550) to lay down accurate long range fore from the top of a hill on the village, transfer to my gold cylinder (400) to make my way down the hill and approach the village, and then transfer again to my black cylinder (350) to engage targets at close range in the buildings. Being able to transfer from one stage to the next gave me maximum range for the engagement limit I wanted to fall under given my function at the time. I got kills with all three cylinders. The fact that it takes me less than 10 seconds to swap from one to the other means I'm not slowing my team down or letting anybody get the drop on me.

Because that field offers that variety of engagements, I always keep all three cylinders on me there. I've done the same thing there and at other places numerous times.

18. DSCAllDay

DSCAllDay New Member

Los Gatos
    Understood. And I agree with you about the P* Thing. They are cool and all, but that air tank! :O

19. nitebreed

nitebreed New Member

woodstock
    well down here field limits are 400 fps my upgraded CYMA Galil that shoots 380 and has the same range as a PTW (tested) gets used till i hit a building i drop my rifle on its sling and draw my pistol all this taking a second and im ready for room clearing with both guns and all my mags and holster and sling i still payed a tenth of the price for all my stuff

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I smell lots of cheaters and lazy people.
    Different sets of skills, man.

There are GB with quick change spring guide out there....just saying.....

That quick cylinder change system is pretty much the only special things about Systema.

Knief, I'm just saying, if he doesn't need those features, there no point for him to buy one.
    If he needs it for training, sure.
    PTW/CTW simply can't compete against what you can do with regular AEGs.

Range wise? My friend's 380fps AK74U can hit beyond 250ft easily.

Oh did I forgot to mention?
    WE is releasing PTWs for a lot cheaper.

DSC
    You won't even realize the tank if you just put it on the back of your vest or use some kind of backpack.
    I'd just f P* and build a Kuba Engine or get the DG kit.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012