Pull trigger twice just to shoot once

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Mox, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mox

Mox New Member

I have to pull my trigger twice just for it to shoot once, but in auto it shoots fine, why is that and what do I do to fix it?

2. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    Oh, that's nothing. My AEG takes 55 trigger pulls to fire one shot...

All joking aside, I'd advise checking your shimming and cutoff lever. Your sector gear might be overspinning, you may have a bad cutoff lever, bad trigger contacts, or something else. Some more details would help. Parts list? Model? Anything?

3. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    This gives us no information about your gun or problem. Please describe what your gun is doing a little better, like if you hear any sounds or if the trigger is harder to pull. When you say that you have to pull the trigger twice to get the gun to fire once, what do you mean please describe what is happening better here too, like does the gun half way cycle when you pull the trigger? or does it do nothing until you pull the trigger again?. I don't think I have ever had this problem but maybe someone else has and can tell you right off the bat, but just taking a guess without knowing much about your problem Id say the cut of lever.

4. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Could be as simple as a crappy battery but with that little amount of info lord knows...

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Laugh of the day comes from Noah_6. Very nice lol.

OP, first things first, what kind of gun are we talking about? Brand and Model, or in the absolute least pistol or rifle and gas or electric?

-mobile device-