Pulse R76 disassembly help?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by PlaneCrazyPilot, Sep 19, 2012.

1. PlaneCrazyPilot

PlaneCrazyPilot New Member

Huntsville
    OK, this forum is cool, I never knew it existed. But then again, I'm new to airsoft too!

My Crosman Pulse R74 stopped firing yesterday. I turned the alan screw on bottom of handle but maybe did it to much? Not sure, but the trigger just kind of goes all the way in but gun wont fire. I recharged the battery thinking it was that, reinstalled and you could hear the gun try to move but it stopped immediately. Im looking for a good schematic of taking this junker apart because Im afraid Ill end up with a bunch of parts if I dont have anything to reference. Can anyone suggest anything or anyway to take her apart?

Thanks a bunch!
    P :)

I posted this as an R76 but I just looked at it again and its a crosman Pulse R74. I apologize for the mixup guys.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    The motor height is too high, loosen the screw on the bottom of the pitol grip.

3. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    try what he said, otherwise, it is nearly 100% Tokyo Marui spec. this means that any AK47 disassembly video on youtube will be correct.

just dont loose the bolt guide spring, or the hop up adjustment screw, they are tiny, and vital.

4. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    A few people I know including myself had this gun as our first guns and had similar problems. Honestly we just sent the guns back and the dumb kids got other ones that didn’t last, and the smart ones bought JG M4s. Like the guy said above, though, if you want to fix it, it disassembles like a nicer AK.

5. ld513

ld513 New Member

Cincinnati
    For speed disassemblies when it stops working I usually advocate the use of a hammer or large concrete area and 3-4 adolescent boys.

6. PlaneCrazyPilot

Huntsville
    Hahahahaha really funny! Thanks I needed that :)

7. PlaneCrazyPilot

Huntsville

OK, Ill give this another try. I actually did remove the bottom plating, and pulled the motor out as much as it would go, then put it back and tightened the 2 screws as well as the hex screw but there was no change. That's why I thought I would take it completely apart and see if something is jammed. Ill try adjusting the motor again.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

8. PlaneCrazyPilot

Huntsville
    The other strange thing here is --- the trigger goes in without pulling it back and I don't remember the gun doing that before when it was working. Of course it stays put if you enable the safe switch but thats a mechanical function of the switch I can tell. I thought I would throw that in before I try pulling the motor out some more. Thanks.

PS - the battery is getting pretty warm even though the gun isn't firing.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Solution ( Read below )

& then go out and but a CYMA AK if you like AKs and if you want to change it up get a JG M4 or some other gun.

10. PlaneCrazyPilot

Huntsville
    I posted this as an R76 but I just looked at it again and its a crosman Pulse R74. I apologize for the mixup guys.

11. PlaneCrazyPilot

Huntsville
    Loosened the hex, and I heard the motor drop down a bit. She fires like a gem now. Thanks a lot Alex

12. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Great. Good luck with it, bud!