Putting an r-hop into a cheap shotgun?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ncore, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Hey, I have this old Double Eagle shotgun that I bought about 6 years ago when I first got into airsoft. The thing still shoots well but I never use it because I have other guns that aren't total pieces of crap

I recently ordered a set of r-hops from hunterseeker5 and was wondering what to do with the extras once I put it into my sniper when I thought about putting it into my shotgun.

The gun is this:
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-DE-M47-B1.htm

The gun can already propel .28g bbs a good 100+ ft, but do you think putting an r hop in it to turn it into a gun to lend out to people is a good idea?

2. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Does that gun even have a hop up unit and a notch in the barrel for the patch?

3. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    How many patches did you buy? You will most likely need more than one for your gun as it is really easy to mess them up.

4. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    The gun does have a hop up unit, but I have not yet taken a look at the barrel.

I ordered the easy install z-kits. And it comes with 3 different ones. I would assume that the inner barrel for a sniper rifle would be completely different from the inner barrel of a cheap springer, so I think I should be fine

5. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Z kits......... Why? Lol. Best of luck with them though. I like to fine tune everything I do so I buy the normal ones.

6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Apparently the z kits are:

"the easy install version of the IR-hop coming in three convenient sizes which fit 99% of barrel windows and sacrifices none of the R-hop's legendary performance"

Time is money, so that is why i bought the z kit, as it can take LOTS of time to fine tune the standard r hop

7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    I guess I have time then. :rollseyes: I think you should save the r hops for other possible builds.

8. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    You are right, but I don't plan on getting any new guns anytime soon. I could always just remove the r hop from the crappy guns and put them into a new gun if I ever get one

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    That might be tough. Because all guns hopup windows can be different. And your shotgun might be different then higher end guns.

10. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Yea, my shotgun is a cheap piece of crap that i bought forever ago, but the z-kit includes different sizes of r-hops, which is why I think putting one in my shotgun will work

11. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Cookeville
    I can't remember how the stock barrel's window is cut, but I once installed a standard AEG barrel into one of those shotguns, so if you really wanted to get crazy you could put in an AEG barrel and then do the R-Hop mod to that.

12. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Lol, that might be a bit overkill for a $20 gun :p

13. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Cookeville
    Yeah, I had the aeg barrel laying around. I actually just used the stock shotgun bucking. Those shottys really have pretty decent hop ups most of the time.

14. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    ok so i opened up the gun, and the hop up unit isn't actually attached directly to the barrel, because the inner barrel spins freely in its place.