Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always felt that the stock TM Hi-Capa plastic slide is much more resilient than folks give it credit for. I believe this to be a holdover from the airsoft tech dark ages. My belief, based on my own usage, is that the TM Hi-Capa slide is plenty good for every day use, even when using green gas and not the prescribed duster gas.

I just happen to have BNIB TM 5.1 Hi-Capa that has never been fired. Since we are about to head towards indoor season here in my part of the US (when I run a pistol as a primary much of the time) I was thinking of running a bit of an experiment. I’m going to play with this stock Hi-Capa only modifying the mag to run a Primary Airsoft M4 HPA adapter. I plan on running it at ~115 PSI, which is the equivalent of green gas at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

I’m going to run the replica completely stock only cleaning and lubing it regularly. I'm not even going to remove the orange tip! I would keep a regular log here and post updates after each gameplay. I also realize that this isn’t exactly scientific so any tips, advice, etc is much appreciated.

Is this interesting to anyone else? Am I just being stubborn and I just need to accept the truth that the stock Hi-Capa slide is trash? :LOL:

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
You put a rubber bushing on the front and it can run Over Pressure Propane in 85 degree heat...that is what someone in MN did way back when...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts