Featured Question about Nukefet

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Coleman Kinzer, May 15, 2018 at 9:16 PM.

1. Coleman Kinzer

Coleman Kinzer New Member

Sedgwick
  2. cetane

cetane Active Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    I’m not entirely sure what your asking, but it sounds like you don’t want to touch the soldered wires on the trigger. That would defeat the purpose of the mosfet sorta.

On regular fets (not fancy computer triggers) I like to run dual signal wires to the trigger contacts, as I like to on rear wired v2’s I grind out the wire channel and drop both motor leads from the rear hole, so they never cross the motor shaft. Just the signal wires cross the shaft, usually held down by some hot melt glue

link0, Honeybadgerz17 and -Spitfire- like this.

3. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Active Member

Bellevue
  4. Coleman Kinzer

Sedgwick
    Yes, some are in stock.

5. Coleman Kinzer

Sedgwick
    If you read the instructions from the link I sent it shows how the positive wire is soldered to the contacts, TheAirsofttechs video on how to install a mosfet does it the same way. But I was wondering if I could bypass that by adding a signal wire to the positive wire like how they normally are done.

6. cetane

cetane Active Member

I’m still confused by what your asking. As long as you have a continuous + connection from the battery to the motor, and an interrupted + from the trigger to the gate on the mosfet, it will work. Doesn’t matter where the feeds come/go to/from other than that.

- battery line > mosfet > motor - tab
    + battery line > motor + tab
    + battery line > trigger switch > mosfet gate

7. Coleman Kinzer

Sedgwick
    I was saying how there was no signal wire on the positive wire strand that came with the nukefet. There is only one signal wire. That one signal wire goes to the contacts but the positive wire is split at the other contact. I will attach a signal wire to my positive wire stand when it arrives and install it like a normal mosfet and then see if it works by using a multimeter.

8. cetane

cetane Active Member

As long as your trigger breaks the signal to the gate, and you have an uninterrupted power feed to the motor it will work.

(Honestly I’m still not grasping what you’re asking...)

9. Sitting_Duck

Sitting_Duck Active Member

You can wire most mosfets by one of two main ways

main wires run direct to motor (negative wire from mosfet not battery - duh)
    & then a dedicated pair of thinner 22/24awg positive supply/signal wire to switch
    THIS method above is "usually" when you totally rewire the gun

OR

The other method is the two thicker postive wires either side of switch
    join onto one terminal of switch so circuit is complete
    but only one thinner 22/24awg wire goes onto other terminal
    thus sending a positive signal to mosfet to operate

In a rough basic nutshell you should be able to use either method on most basic mosfets

The confusion creeps in as to which one should I use ????

Well if you are intending to use the existing wiring then 1 signal wire on switch

If you are rewiring use what ever you like is the answer
    though most when rewiring might use dedicated 16awg wires to motor for zero joins
    then use a pair of thinner 22/24awg wires at either side of trigger switch
    (a spliced in posi supply & a signal/return wire to mosfet)

THAT is really imho why you can use either method depending what you prefer
    (well in most basic mosfets - even Gate Nano with 2 pin connectors for thin wires
    you can wire these in as 2 x 24awg supply/signal or 1 x 24awg signal (on correct pin))

Loads of info about the wiring layout options
    just use whatever you wish - use existing loom or rewire it if you like
    but that is usually why installs use one method over another imho