Question on Gun kjw m700

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Falccon86, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Falccon86

Falccon86 New Member

Boston
    So i was wondering if any of you have this sniper (kjw m700) and live in a cold area. I got it this summer and i live in Mass which gets hot summers and very cold winter's. Where i am getting at is you think its worth it to get a springer for the winter (go to a lot of events.) or should i stick with the kjw.

I keep hearing if i stay with propane it should be fine but just wondering if anyone here has this gun in a cold area or if you can just help me out that'd be great!

Thankyou

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Or just run HPA rig?

3. Falccon86

Falccon86 New Member

Boston
    If you do a hpa rig the cold wouldnt effect it? Also dunno if every rig you carry the tanks and stuff ?

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    HPA, you are running off air.
    Just air, one of the most consistent "gas" that you can easily obtain. (You can also try nitrogen tho :p )

The pressure is regulated by a regulator so it's pretty consistent.

Just grab a back pack or some huge dump pouch for the tank itself.

5. Falccon86

Falccon86 New Member

Boston
    Where would you find a tank?? Sorry for all the questions

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Google. 20 characters

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Aye, this response just made my day;). Lol.

8. John_the_Tech

John_the_Tech New Member

In my inexperienced opinion on gas snipers, I would suggest a spring sniper... Only because they don't need gas (so its cheaper to use) and you can use them in nearly any weather. You can use propane and it should work, but... Propane will jack up your O rings in your mag and after you use it, you need to clean it really good. So my suggestion: UTG MK96 for $150 and never worry about weather. I hope this helps.

John the Tech

9. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry, but how will it jack up the o-rings? As long as he adds a bit of silicone oil every couple fills he'll be fine. Also, GG is just propane with scent and silicone oil. So why would he need to clean his rifle any more using propane than he would using GG?

OP, just tap to HPA. It would be cheaper to get the rig and all that than it would be to buy and upgrade a spring rifle to the accuracy you need.

10. John_the_Tech

John_the_Tech New Member

True... Silicon oil does help, but you need to add the precise amount to make it function like green gas. You are right, but for me at least, it becomes a pain to have to keep pumpin in silicon oil. Which is why I prefer spring snipers... No gas, no hassle, just shooting. I guess it really comes down to personal preference.

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you rig it to HPA, it's easier than a BASR. BASRs are hard to get a quick follow up shot too. Gas rifles are better in that regard. Easy to cock back for a follow up shot.

12. John_the_Tech

John_the_Tech New Member

I can't give an opinion there :p I have never used an HPA rig.

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You should. They are amazing and extremely consistent. Even in cold weather.

14. John_the_Tech

John_the_Tech New Member

From what I here they are quite expensive... Is that true?

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Depends how you want to do it, the parts you buy, etc.