Question- Regarding External battery Pouches

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by havocm4, Nov 22, 2012.

1. havocm4

havocm4 New Member

I'm not really a beginner, just a little confused....
    I wanted to know if it was possible to put a external battery pouch on a rear wired m4?
    I needed to amp up rof and response, and after 7.4 lipo stick types keep dying, and my age only takes lipos I The 7.4 2220 is impossible to fit into the buffer tube. I appreciate help, pics and videos! :D

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I've yet to find a rifle that can't hold an external pouch. The only question is whether or not you'll have to modify the gun to get the wiring out of the gun to be wired.
    Typically it comes out of the buffer tube, either the beginning (where the buffer tube meets the body) or out of the end of it.

3. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    Hi I know I'm new here, but have you tried to zip tie a pistol magazine pouch to the butt stock? You could run the wires out the rear of the replica and if long enough, all the way to the mag pouch.

One of the guys I've played with before did a similar get up to be able to run 11.1v's.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    That's essentially what a battery pouch is. An elongated pistol mag, but the opening it elastic, so once the battery is inside, if the flap opens, the battery doesn't easily slip out.

5. havocm4

havocm4 New Member

thanks! the zip tie to the mag pouch works great!

6. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    Glad ti be of service. :D