Questionable gun brands.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by magkill, Dec 28, 2012.

1. magkill

magkill New Member

I have this problem that I'm sure what to do I find these guns on megastore and other places they say that there made by ams utg and others I don't know much about these gun brands and I don't know if they are a bad deal or if they have a bad internal and external quality.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Dude....................why do you make these threads.....AMS DOESN'T MAKE GUNS, AND FROM ALL THE GUN BRAND QUESTIONS YOU ASK, YOU OUGHT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM THAN ANYONE ON THE FORUM.

ALSO Unless you link to gun in question, we can't help.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

3. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    If I'm not mistaken AMS is just what airsoft megastore calls the guns they add accessories to. Most likely it was a JG m16 and they added a barrel extension and a rail.

4. magkill

magkill New Member

That makes sense I thought that ams was a major company because I thought I saw there guns sold some where else. What about utg?

5. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    You could always read the description.

6. magkill

magkill New Member

Ya but is it good? I've heard rumors that it had a jg gear box.

7. TeamDropKick

TeamDropKick New Member

Wolcott
    Echo 1 guns have JG gearboxes. Like since I cracked mine in half I opened it up after it was useless and looked on evike.com and saw that ALL the parts in the gearbox were JG the motor and gearbox shell said echo 1

8. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Not true for mine. Or the one I HAD, more specifically.

Seems that you are saying all the internals is has are JG. As an example instead of the E1 having JG gears, it had XYT gears.

9. Napple

Napple New Member

That's only some echo 1 guns. Look at the echo 1 platinum... Vfc gearbox

10. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Echo1 guns are essentially upgraded JG's, CYMA's, and in my case KS'. My P90 was a KS rebrand, with metal bearings, metal bearing spring guide, m110, aluminum piston head, and a Madbull blue bucking. My had nice shimming out of the box, a little wobbly but not bad.

Echo1 isn't just a flat out rebrand, they put upgrades into their guns...

11. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Why are people talking about echo 1??? What is the relation to the OPs post?

12. TeamDropKick

TeamDropKick New Member

Wolcott
    Sorry it's my fault...when someone mentioned JG internals I started this whole thing about echo 1

13. Kopis

Kopis New Member

The UTG one looks pretty good, I didn't realise that they made AEGs. It looks solid externally and the RPM is pretty good. I have a UTG shotgun which I love and its put together quite well for a spring gun. The AMS gun looks good but AMS exaggerates things and I question a lot of their products. Also I heard a rumor a while ago that AMS was swapping out parts in some of their guns for crappier parts that look the same and have the same specs but are cheaper and won't be nearly as durable (I'm not sure how accurate that statement is I heard it from the owner of my local hobby shop)