Quick question

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by jon_wallace95, Jan 2, 2013.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Have a question for all of you more experience players. I just cleaned my guns yesterday, like a full out, clean, silicone, dry, absolutely nothing in the barrel, did everything on the ASGI cleaning guide, and today when I go to use it, the accuracy of my gun is half as good as it was before, some of them dropped down and hit the ground 10-15 feet past the barrel. It happened quite a few times actually. Is this normal or did I less something up?

Attached Files:

2. Star_folder

Star_folder Active Member

Lexington
    Shouldn't have lubed the hop up, or the mag, really. A small bit in the mag is fine, but not so much that it gets into the hop up. If you haven't, you'll need to take apart the hop up and clean out the oil.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

You probably have silicone on the bucking, the bucking works through friction. So, if you take that away you'll see a drop in range. Did you run a dry cloth through the barrel after cleaning it with silicone?

EDIT: sniped.

4. jon_wallace95

The mag and hop up I sprayed a one squirt of silicone to, so I should open it up and clean it out then?

5. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little... Moderator

Massachusetts
    Yes as that's most likely your problem, once they are dry let us know if you still have problems

6. Star_folder

Star_folder Active Member

Lexington
    Yeah. It's alright to use silicon oil as a kind of soap to clean the barrel, but, like soap, you need to make sure you get rid of all of it before you use the gun again.

7. jon_wallace95

Alright, thanks guys, I'll clean it out now but I won't be able to test till tomorrow, I cleaned it yesterday and let it sit 24 hours. But I'll open it, clean it, and update you guys tomorrow.

8. jon_wallace95

Cleaned it out, was about to go test, and realize dog ate battery, I'll test it in 5 hours.

9. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

What?! He ate the battery? That can't be good..... :\

EDIT: never mind, just now saw he chewed the wiring. Lol

10. jon_wallace95

Lol, yeah, forgot to put that in the post, haha.