R8 g3a3 help (mp5)

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by sparta, Nov 10, 2012.

1. sparta

sparta New Member

Hi everyone. I've had this "r8 g3a3" for 2 years now and it's not shooting like it used to. I think it the piston/gear box is what is causing the problem. It only shoots like 90 feet and very in accurately when it used to shoot 120 spot on. So here are some pics of the piston/gear box, can you give me some ideas or a link to get a new one? I would like to keep it under $80, cause its not my "best" gun and I don't use it to foyer.......

2. sparta

sparta New Member

Hi everyone. I've had this "r8 g3a3" for 2 years now and it's not shooting like it used to. I think it the piston/gear box is what is causing the problem. It only shoots like 90 feet and very in accurately when it used to shoot 120 spot on. So here are some pics of the piston/gear box, can you give me some ideas or a link to get a new one? I would like to keep it under $80, cause its not my "best" gun and I don't use it to often*.....

Forgot the pics :p

Attached Files:

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Firstly, you need to learn how to use the edit button. Secondly, it's impossible to tell anything about the internal condition of the gearbox from your photos. Either you have to read guides and watch tutorials on gearbox work and do a gearbox tune-up yourself, or you can take it to the "mad scientist" at your local field and pay him to tune it.

4. sparta

sparta New Member

I'm using the app and I couldn't find it...... I'm not asking to get it repaired, I'm asking to get a new one. That's why I put the tape beside the piston.....

5. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

it looks to me like a v.2 gb, with I think an mp5 0r g36 trigger. Is that what you were asking?

6. sparta

sparta New Member

Yep, that's what I need :) thx.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No need to replace the entire gearbox, just give it an overhaul and replace any worn out parts and it will be good as new.