Rambo Airsoft??? have you seen it at your place

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by jarhead88, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    This new rambo airsoft, charging and shooting without a care about death.. I see it more and more... don't realize it during the game but when i watch the video later on... it is all over the place... my last crop of videos all have it..

Who is teaching this...... Movies?? maybe these guys see rambo or Mel or Arnie... stand there with bullets flying and never get hit... maybe they figure to do the same??/ you just have to laugh.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en0b6iUwxwk&list=UUa3rTs_vSp5QgUZJQ7gzZ5g&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

let me know if you see this at your place..

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Yeah I think it's pretty common almost everywhere that has newer players. They try to rush in "Rambo" styles because they see it in movies and do it in video games like COD so they think they can catch you off guard or something. They will eventually realize that using tactics like flanking or even my favorite, grenades to clear out the enemy is far more effective than trying to gun in guns blazing.

3. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    yeah.. it is a joke... I would love them to join the service and try it in bootcamp... that would be a great video.... the Drill Instructor would be like "What the F#%# was that????? John Wayne don't live around here boy!" Love to see that... My DI would have crap himself laughing..

4. Army4life

Army4life New Member

Daly City
    A friend of mines/team mate did this all the time he'd always put down his primary draw his pistol and just run out in to the open running full bore and shooting at the op for and the funny thing is he also just joined the marine corps I really hope he doesn't do that Rambo crap anymore when he comes back

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    when your loosing you gotta do whatever you can to try to win lol... last minute pushes are always suicides. Ive done it when im hoping to catch them offguard or sleeping... it has worked, but obviously with you on that day, not so much

6. Ducky

Ducky New Member

The thing is... not everyone is playing for the military experience. Some, like me, prefer for it to feel like an action movie. As a game organizer I rarely get to play, so when I do it's all shock. Leaps across car hoods, alligator runs, completely unnecessary commando rolls, you name it. I rarely succeed but I have a blast playing. And the times it DOES work are pretty damned sweet. :)

Amusingly, one of the long time players here has a lot of military experience and he still plays shock. I guess he wants the action movie feel when he can get it.

edit: okay, maybe not like in that video, lol.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    Ok, i'll give you that movie thing... maybe during a TDM..... but that guy did it like 3 times... failing each time.... but it would have been easier to try to flank me... he can run in if he'd like...hahahaha

8. Kommando

Kommando New Member

Oklahoma City
    I agree with Ducky and ProtectionPerfection. Sometimes if we are losing or if its not an important game (just for fun) ill "go Rambo" as I like to call it and do commando rolls and kamikaze charges just to spice it up a little. But that's just me...

9. Derion

Derion New Member

Moscow
    We call them MacLeods. Good teams never do that sh*t.

This problem is typical for random-players games or after relize of a new COD game :)

10. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    I remember going 'rambo' in the first airsoft game I played.. It was fun, but I got lit up so many times :p I haven't actually seen much of it, most of the people at the fields I go to (in the UK) are either young and scared to get shot, or unfit and lazy, or too old. I can be a good tactic, occassionally, since most people don't expect it..

11. Ducky

Ducky New Member

That's thoroughly brilliant :D

12. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    I understand the charge i guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for fun... what the heck... but that guy did it like 3 time!!! i have seen it more and more at my place.. and they keep running after their shot and shoot everyone and then say "hey.. i got you too" ???? yeah after you were shot 5 times...