Random EOTECH HOLO/ RDS and M4 question

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by audiobahn1000, Jun 6, 2015.

1. audiobahn1000

audiobahn1000 Member

So the M4 has that massive front sight that seems like it would get in the way. So, how does only properly look through an Eotech or RDS if the front sight is in the way? Example:

[​IMG]

It seems like as soon as you look through the RDS, the front sight would block your vision.

2. Magpulman

Magpulman Active Member

Stevenson
    You're pretty much right. A way to combat this is to buy a low profile gas block/flip up sights. Or switch over a free float rail and run flip up irons.

3. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
    You can use the holo sight just as a rear sight and line it up with your front sight. You could also get a riser for your sight.

4. audiobahn1000

audiobahn1000 Member

If you use a holo, do you normally just use the single holo sight and ignore the front sight/ remove it?

5. Refrax

Refrax New Member

pomona
    You can go either way with this. In either situation, you want to zero your holo sight so it is accurate of course. I don't mind my front iron sight being in my sight picture, but it is nice to have a clearer picture without any iron sights in the way.

6. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    An EOTech or Aimpoint replica will have a 50/50 or 60/40 co-witness with the front sight, so aiming will not be an issue.

You only need to remove the front sight if you wanted to use a magnified or low-profile optic.