Range, springs, and so forth

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MikeyBugs95, Sep 2, 2012.

1. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Hey I'm looking to become a sniper but I know that usually the max range for an airsoft sniper rifle is usually around 300 feet... I'm wondering how can you increase the range beyond that...

Moderator Edit:WTS/WTB threads are not allowed in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  2. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Getting. Beyond this range is not done by parts, it's done by tuning. Fine tuning and shimming the hop(Tacketts guide is widely considered the best), stabilising your inner barrel, having a barrel length of 400-455 helps a little, but if you're looking to get 300feet plus, you need all the help you can get. There are many hop mods you could do, such as the R-hop, ER-hop etc(I'm not going to explain them, you have a google search bar for a reason, plus, there are many other people who understand them a billion times better than me, I understand the physics behind it, just that other people know airsoft guns better and can help you more), so look around on google etc at mods you need to do. DON'T FALL UNTO THE TRAP OF THE £200 SNIPER! You need to be pouring at least £250 in upgrade parts alone, then fitting them and fine tuning the parts to work perfectly, and then maintenance is a pain in the arse. Sniping is for those who have dedication, you need it to succeed.

3. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Research, your answer can be found multiple times just on the first page of the Sniper Rifle section.....

4. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Ok. Thank you guys. Considering I have a limited budget and I don't even have a sniper rifle yet, I asked because I'm seriously considering buying one, if I get a sniper rifle I guess the only thing I could do is tweak the hop-up..

5. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Or save up, buy the parts and gub together and get an experienced tech to do the work, if it's your first BASR, you will probably screw it up (no offence)

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Well if it a spring gun that truly accepts the parts with no modification, then it will be really easy. I mean as long as your organized and remember where the small stuff goes he shouldn't have any issue doing it himself. Putting parts in a spring gun isn't exactly rocket science.

7. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Actually I had a Wellfire M16 Vietnam style spring. I took it apart completely and tried to put it back together. I failed trying it.

8. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Putting parts in a spring gun is possible with your feet. Getting 300feet+ range by inserting parts and moding them to their individual peak performance takes dedication, skill, is very time consuming and is sometimes just hit and miss. Most people who are new to springers will just give up/do it wrong.