Rate of fire

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Napple, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napple

Napple New Member

I just got a new g&p and do not want to stop the magic of the new gun and do not want to open the gearbox. What tiny mods can i do to internal work outside of the gearbox to up the rof? Also, any idea on a good high speed motor? I am shooting about 380 fps and want 25 rps. I am currently around 18.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    If you already have deans then just get a more powerful battery to increase the rof.

3. Napple

Napple New Member

Already runnin a lipo. Though i will probably get a better one. I might switch to deans.

4. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

What lipo are you running now? Increase the discharge rate: normal is 20c. Put in a 40c and you should see a difference. Going higher voltage lipo isn't good for the gun. 7.4 40c should be fine. I would leave the gears and motor alone because they are good. G&Ps come with HS motors? Correct me please if I'm wrong.(proof please). A battery always does the trick.

Deans is a necessity for lipos.

5. Napple

Napple New Member

Okay, i'll switch it to deans. Do u know where to find a 7.4v 40c lipo? I would either need a nunchuck or buffer tube lipo

6. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Those are mostly buffertube lipos. Www.Hobbyking.com look under airsoft section in USA warehouse. Thus shipping is maybe 5$ for regular. Pretty cheap. You can hack off the Tayima and add deans for connecting to gun because on lipos you don't charge that way. But you already know this.

7. Napple

Napple New Member

Yes, thank you very much

8. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

No problem. Glad I could help out. Hope you and your baby perform.

9. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    Yeah, G&Ps come with the M120 custom high speed motor.

OP, I can't offer anymore then what's already been suggested.

10. Napple

Napple New Member

Okay. I will switch over to deans when i get the chance an get a 40c. That sounds perfect. And yes i do believe that is has hs gears already. I didnt know it came stock with a hs motor though. I'll check that out later

11. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    You could switch to a nice lonex or shs motor.

12. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lonex makes excellent motors, so I agree with that. I highly recommend overhauling the gearbox if you're gonna run it at 25rps. G&P gearboxes are good, but are mediocre compared to a gearbox that's been overhauled by an experienced tech.

13. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    Lonex's tend to be on the slow side because of the motor design with vertical brushes. I personally would recommend a shs high tourqe because high speed motors suck. They offer only a slight rps increase but give up major trigger response. And I wouldn't run that lipo without a mosfet, and g&p internals are some of the worst internals I have worked on. And it is common knowledge that they are crap. So I would research that too. And I bet someone has already asked a question just like this so next time use the search bar first please.

14. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Did you not read anything that is in this thread or did that glitch thing happen?

15. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Why would he switch to a new motor when a G&P motor is a lot better?

16. Napple

Napple New Member

From what ive seen when i opened this gearbox the internals were worth the $325 i paid for them lol. They are no systema internals but they are great nonetheless. This is why im not a fan of this forum. There are too many lies. Im not saying you're lying but if you arent then many others on this forum are. But i know for a fact that g&p is ni crap...

17. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Um mind sharing what is inside your gun that is worth $325? Sounds like you have been buying from the wrong websites.

Op: I also recommend a new neo motor. SHS, lonex, element, dream army, x-high tech, etc.. Will all do much better than the G&P hs m120 motor.

18. Napple

Napple New Member

No no lol. Sorry, it's the g&p magpul moe carbine. The internals are really only worth about $250.

19. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Because the G&P M120 has like zero torque. It's a speed motor. A Lonex of any type (speed, balanced, torque) would be an improvement.

Just because it has G&P on it, doesn't make it total 1337sauce.

20. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    ^LOL

But yeah pretty much any Lonex will do better. The Red is my favorite, perfect balance (pun intended lol) of torque and speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.