Rc Brushless motor setup in a v3 gearbox.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Ben3721, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

Yeah I saw those two motors. I figured I'd end up burning them out on anything but a mild build and thats not cheap. They still also require the power to be pushed through the switch, unless you have a mosfet but thats just stupid if its brushless to have both a mosfet and a controller on the motor.

2. Oldjarhead

Oldjarhead Member

Thurmont
    The Xpert has a built in mosfet and requires a rewire. If they ever come back into stock am getting one.
    Maybe will try the sensor car stuff....in the tests today it seemed like it is so close. When it did fire especially on full auto there was no lagging at all even on only 2S lipo.
    Don’t give up the ship

3. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Agreed, the simple brush motor controllers need at minimum a single MOSFET. Brushless controllers need half an H-bridge per phase, so at minimum you are looking at six MOSFETs (usually multiple per phase for higher current handling). This adds up quickly

[​IMG]

4. Oldjarhead

Oldjarhead Member

Thurmont
    Not willing to concede I went to the work table this morning reset the brake values to 100% Immediate and tried again. To no avail it double fired on Semi almost every time and cogged before startup. I tried another motor (2835, inrunner) and it would not stop cogging and fire the gun so it was a wash. Wish I had a sensor car set up... would try that. I had a huge plane motor that would do it on a 70" SU26 swinging a 20" prop, cog at start up, then run like crazy.

5. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

Welp the lct ak was a bust. Thing was bent out of the box. So ill be redoing my cyma gearbox with the new gearset to do a test, if it cogs with different esc's on high torque gearsets, then I'd say brushless motors aren't viable for airsoft. Also the airsoft brushless motors apparently double shoot every time if you read evikes reviews.

6. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    All I'm saying is that you've earned my subscription bruv... love the research.