Real Sword SVD mag vs Cyma SVD mag

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by muntjac13, Nov 19, 2012.

1. muntjac13

muntjac13 Member

Foster City
    I'm just wondering if anybody here have done a side by side comparison between known Real Sword SVD mags and a Cyma SVD? If so how can you tell the difference between the two by just looking at it/holding it (not talking about sticking bbs in there one by one and counting) Are the finishes different? One weighs more than the other? Please let me know! :D

2. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    I don't personally have either of these but from what I know the real sword mag should be heavier and less cheap plasticy feeling than the cyma one. Why do you ask?

3. Sniper6299

Sniper6299 New Member

The real sword feels less like plastic and mor real like. If you are asking what the differences between the two guns is that the SVD has better accuracy and range.

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Yes. Between two SVDs, an SVD is bound to have better accuracy and range.

I read that RS mags are incompatible with Cyma and Echo 1 SVDs even though they clone Real Sword. I hope this to be false since I cannot find any Cyma/E1 mids caps for the CSR I have coming in.

If compatibility isn't an issue, go Real Sword anyway. If compatibility issues may arise, pick whichever will fit. it won't matter how real the mag looks/feels if it does not work in your gun.

5. muntjac13

muntjac13 Member

Foster City
    So the Cyma/E1 mags are lighter? I can't really say it has a "plasticy" feeling since the mags are made of metal...

As for you Ihop I found a side by side review of a Cyma SVD with a RS SVD and the RS mag does not fit into the Cyma SVD. However they reviewer said that the Cyma mag does fit into the RS SVD with a little modification of the tab in front. As for not finding any mags, try this out: http://www.acmgear.com/cyma-magazine-80rds-p-2379.html

Though it doesnt say about compatability with the echo 1 csr

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    The CSR is a rebrand of the Cyma, so they are the same. If the Cyma mags fit in the RS with mods, then the RS should also fit in the Cyma with some mods as well, I would think. Do you have the RS model?

I actually just ran across those mags while just browsing ACM sites.

7. muntjac13

muntjac13 Member

Foster City
    Oh and reason I asked was I just purchased a real sword SVD with 6 mags and I just wanted to know whether they were all RS SVD mags or a mix of RS and Cyma mags. And if they were a mix, how would I be able to tell them apart. That's the main reason for this post

8. muntjac13

muntjac13 Member

Foster City
    I'm not sure, he said file down the tab in the front and it'll work. I saw the guy try to put the RS mag into the CYMA and it looks like the rear tab may be the source of it not going in. Again, I do not have the CYMA SVD so I cannot verify this. But yes, I have the RS model along with all RS mags. None of them were cyma mags