Real tree camo?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Rainbow, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I was looking at some new camo for a woodland environment where I play. I was considering real tree, specifically their Advantage timber camo or real tree ap camo. Is this good reliable camo? And is there anything better than those two?

2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Do you have any links? Besides Knief and johngol, I think the rest of us need a little help.

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    No, do not get this. While this might help you while hunting animals, whose eye sight is not as good as human's. It will not help you while airsofting. Waste of money.

4. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Its hunters camo? In that case, it will not be effective at all. I suggest getting a nice pair of BDUs, preferably multicam so that you match the rest of us minus John.

5. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

He already has multicam. You don't need new camo. If you really want to blend in you can make something homemade to put on your back for crawling

6. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I'm to fat to crawl!! Lol

7. K0M0D0

K0M0D0 New Member

If your to fat get a skateboard, lay on it, and roll yourself from place to place.

8. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

In the woods? It wouldn't get me ten feet lol

9. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Hunting camouflage like Real Tree is what we call Passive camouflage. It works best when you are not moving. Like when you are sitting in a tree stand or a duck blind. The opposite of passive camo is active camo. Military camo patterns are active camo because they are designed for soldiers who are often on the move. For airsoft you are going to want an active camouflage than blends into your environment, like multicam or M81.

10. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    If its woodland I would suggest A-TACS FG. That stuff is great!

11. K0M0D0

K0M0D0 New Member

-_- I wasn't being serious.

12. EliteDeltaSniperCommando

EliteDeltaSniperCommando New Member

City
    real tree camo is great cuz it's cheap and can get it at walmart and it's effective for sniping and assult as well.

13. 0DDBALL

0DDBALL New Member

So are most bdu's if you buy from a surplus store

14. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I'll list the facts and invalid statements from your statement.
    Facts:
    Real tree is a camouflage
    It is cheap
    You can buy it at your local Wal-mart

Invalid statements/ reasons for the invalidity of it:
    Real tree is great. (Yes, it can be great, for hunting and nothing else. It is made to resemble a very specific feature, such as a tree. If you move, then you will just resemble a moving tree and that is of no use whatsoever.

It is effective for sniping. (No, because it is NOT designed to fool the human eye. It is designed to fool the eyes of animals such as deer.)

It is effective for assault as well. ( Now you're just imagining things. Real tree camouflages are made for you to look like something, if you begin to move (such as when you ASSAULT something, you will probably be even easier to see because trees generally don't move. Military camouflages are made so that instead of looking like a specific feature, you just break up your outline and blend into the background. This allows you to move around and still largely blend into the area, maintaining stealth.

15. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    The best woodland camo from my experience is MARPAT. Digital woodland pretty much. It doesn't look like it'll work well, but it really does.

16. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    Yes it does, I use this and it still amazes me to how well it works, and I'm a fat guy to lol, but I'm working on that lol

17. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

If you don't need to crawl just keep what you have

18. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I go prone quite frequently actually. I just dot crawl. Because being fat is awesome!!

19. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Define fat. I'm 210 lbs and not exactly strong, but I do what it takes. I've army crawled through dirt and leaves and other crap with a rifle in hands. I've slid to cover from a full sprint. I've jumped ditches and kept going at full speed. Your weight is not a determining factor.

20. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Just attach sticks the day of and maybe some plants if you just gonna stay still. You really don't need new camo. Especially considering the usual lack of skill in our opponents at the field near us.(not gonna say where because of what I just said :p)