realistic magazines for sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by ModernBadCompany, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ModernBadCompany

ModernBadCompany New Member

Is there a sniper with a realistic mag and mag placement
    I have a real cz sniper so I want similar in mag reload
    Please be 480+fps please

2. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Well, most SPRING snipers rifles have the mag a bit further down the gun to make room for the spring and piston.

If you want a sniper rifle that has a realistic mag placement, you might want to take a look at gas rifles, which are not the best when it comes to sniping due to inconsistent fps. Prices can range from $100 to over $800.

I looked up CZ sniper and it resembles a type 96 airsoft rifle. There are plenty of gas type 96s out there, but we need to know your budget limit.

The most realistic sniper rifle that looks like your gun that I found is this one, it is $250:
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-WELL-G96-AWM.htm

The gun is made by WELL, which isn't the best company out there, but I know for a fact that they make good spring sniper rifles, but I am not positive about this one. But it is about as realistic as far as type 96s get

But we need to know your budget limit, that is REALLY important.

3. ModernBadCompany

My cz has a custom forearm/stock and I would like higher cap than the real thing

I love my friends m700 so if there is a good m40 or m24 please post

280 USD before any mods

Here is mine before I got the forarm

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  4. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    You have a very nice budget limit, very high. That is a good thing if you want a good gun.

Like I said, gas sniper rifles are going to have a more realistic mag placement due to not having a large spring and piston.

There are m40s and m24s out there, however, there are not many upgrades out for them.

It is hard for me to help you with that one, but I know who can.

Here is a link to an airsoft forum dedicated to sniping:
    http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/

There are a lot of airsoft sniper rifle techs and experts there. I am a member and browse the forums frequently. You will get more and better answers on that forum.

I really hope you find what you are looking for

5. ModernBadCompany

Thanks if anyone else has suggestions I will stay on the thread to listen

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    There are spring sniper rifles that have realistic magazine placement. They actually use a ramp type thing to get the bb's to the hopup unit.

Here's a good one I think you'll like.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...kotsu_Hakkotsu_Hakkotsu_M40A3_Style_Black.htm

Not sure about what kind of upgrade parts this takes, in fact I'm kind of confused on what your original question is??? But here is a spring powered M40A3 with a realistic magazine position. Hope I helped?

7. ModernBadCompany

Its a Lil slow, I will have spend $$$$$ to get it to where I can use how I want to, scabbard it to my back and use my pistol till in engagements come

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ok..... Try to spell things properly, I'm having trouble understanding your posts. Like I said with the M40 I linked I'm not sure what upgrade parts it takes but its probably the best thing I can find for your budget. If the low fps is your problem stronger springs can be installed for a cheap cost(remember though higher fps does not equal long distance, hopup mods will do that the best).

Here's another spring powered sniper rifle with a realistic magazine location.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...les_Tokyo_Marui_Tokyo_Marui_L96_AWS_Black.htm

This one may be a bit pricey but it will be a amazing gun after some upgrades. And it will be easier to find those aftermarket parts for this gun.

Another option you can take is purchase a classic army M24. That gun does take a magazine further up front from where a realistic one is, but it has a compartment where the real magazine would go that can act as a spot to put a "dummy" m24 magazine.

9. ModernBadCompany

I like the first one except the fps
    How far from its m1120 spring can it go?

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Because I haven't owned one I couldn't really be sure but with a lot of spring sniper rifles you will also want to get steel sears. With steel sears and everything else properly chosen to handle higher fps I wouldn't go past a m170. That's just me though... With everything tuned properly it could be higher, but depending on your local fields rules you shouldn't go with something to strong otherwise you won't be able to use it at the field.

11. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    It all depends on the maker of the spring. If you were referring to laylax springs, m170 would be the stopping point.

Now if we were talking about pdi springs, the numbers are much different have a completely different meaning. Check to see the maker of the spring first

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Well....idk why are we recommending spring rifles to him....
    Takes a lot more power to operate compare to the real deal...

KJW M700.
    Cheap, gas, nicely built, lots of upgrade options.

Definitely my top choice for a nice M700/M24/M40 replica, unless I can afford the Pre-ban Tanaka :p

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  13. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    +1 The KJW is exactly what your are looking for.

14. ModernBadCompany

Im going t wait for th ares m40a5 spring

never mind, my dad sayed gas rifles are ok if they are not simi auto or blowback:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Don't know exactly why you'd want to wait for the ARES.
    They are expensive, over priced IMO.

16. TboneH

TboneH New Member

Riverside
    I believe that WELL L96 mentioned earlier has a flush magazine. I know it's sticking out in the picture, but they insert it halfway on purpose. The G&G G96 is the same way, although it is a pretty good gun (could use a tightbore though). The only L96's with a realistic magazine that I know of are the ARES and Tanaka ones.

17. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    TMs l96 has the proper mag placement.

18. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    But then it's still a springer and the trigger unit breaks easily.

19. ModernBadCompany

Is kjw mark 1 sniper carbine a good dmr

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    The pistol looking thingy?
    Eh, just get the M700