Really nice sniper?!?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by eaglesfanjp, Dec 18, 2012.

1. eaglesfanjp

eaglesfanjp New Member

A friend of mine wants a cool sniper for practically any price. His cap is $1500. Ya, thats a lot. He wants some ideas. He was looking at a lot of ares snipers but wants to hear what others have in mind. Help if you will please!

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    The Right Hook Mantis. Try to find it used. Beast stock sniper money can buy.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    And tell him to avoid the ARES ones unless he has some major upgradeing knowledge. Pretty guns, but ugly parts used inside of them.

Although a Mantis would be epic, another option is to make your own badass rifle using a good upgradeable rifle as the base. With that money, he could make an amazing gun, and do it how he wants. Although he may need to take more time planning it all and finding all the correct parts, I truly believe something you make is better/more unique then someone else's custom gun.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Just get a good looking sniper RIFLE and upgrade the crap out of it. You can't get great stock sniper rifles.

5. eaglesfanjp

eaglesfanjp New Member

You know, i told that to him last month that he should get the mantis. But he told me he doesnt like the gas tube thing. Would be epic. He likes the ares m200. But lets say his upgrading skills arent very good. Maby a little worse than mine. And i can only upgrade v2 m4's

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    SOCOM gear Barrett M82 maybe? V.2 GB, highly upgradable

7. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Maybe your friend should learn about Airsoft before he puts $1,500 into it. He shouldn't be making an investment in a stock gun that large- the way I see it there are 3 possibilities and solutions, all clear cut.

1. Your friend worked for his money and saved over time, in this case get him to ease into Airsoft, not drop $1,500 on a subpar stock gun- especially a sniper rifle.

2. Your friend is getting this because he gets paid asburd amounts for little work- $50 a week for chores, $100 for an A, etc. In this case, whatever. He is getting spoiled in a way, but if he makes a bad purchase it'll be a lesson and with ridiciulous income it'll be like he wasted $150, not $1,500

3. Your friend has his parents/grandparents pay for it/they gave him money and he is getting it for Christmas. In this case, be a good friend and talk to his parents if you can (I know it probably won't be possible). Even if the child is set for life, getting him what he wants to that extent that can REALLY screw a kid up when he's older.

Whatever the case is, just don't spend $1,500 on a stock sniper rifle you'll regret. Same goes for your friend, and everyone else.

8. eaglesfanjp

eaglesfanjp New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. My friend anthony decided to purchase the socom gear m82 thanks to one of the suggestions. He also got this extreme scope and metal flash hider for it. For the record. My friend is a filthy rich 16 year old who works full time and has too much money to do anything else with. I mean his first car was a 2012 custon comero concept.

9. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Ok, if he can afford to throw away a grand, more power to him.