REAPS hopup Buckings..They really that good?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by TheLost, Nov 17, 2012.

1. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    Ok, so I've been hearing a bunch of hype on the internet over these new "REAPS" hopup buckings.. Now I know the video below depicts use of GBB versions of REAPS, but do you think they work as well with the AEG versions for our AEG's?
    HTML:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PAnoHceJU-8/HTML]

Do you guys think they really work this well?  'Cause if they do I'm definitely putting one in my DMR build coming up. Or would a 6 dollar G&P bucking be better?  Since I've heard great things about those two.

"Wheh doo yoo theenk yor gooing?" lulz

2. beanmaster50

beanmaster50 New Member

Superior
    I hear they are really amazing, talked to a guy who had them at my local field and he said they were amazing!

3. TheLost

Westerville
    It sounds like they are! But it almost sounds to good to be true... I don't know how a standard hopup can get the same effect as an RHOP off the factory line. But I'm definitely going to get a couple :)

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
  5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That promotional video made me laugh, it's just ridiculous. Ridiculously biased, and they even lie, you can clearly hear the last shot from the stock gun hit the barrel right before he says "Obviously 60 meters is impossible". Also if that video represents the actual performance of the REAPS, then it's garbage, the shots are all over the place and the trajectory of the BB's is ridiculous.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  6. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

I also lolled at that and if you look closely to the the bbs down range you can see that grouping isn't anything less than atrocious

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I heard that they are pretty accurate at not hitting the targets at close range.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

Decent drop-in upgrade, but you will get better results with flat hop & R-Hop (R-Hop more so then flat hop).

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A regular hop-up bucking will actually perform better than this monstrosity.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Yea....even a JG can hit 200ft perfectly fine...
    Oh and, that's actually hitting the targets...

11. TheLost

Westerville
    I had no idea, I guess it really is too good to be true hah.