Reassembling Gearbox

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by gregtotheizzo, Aug 11, 2012.

1. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

I took apart my gear box and In the process it fell apart. Great...

So I got it back together but having some issues.

Could anyone tell me what to do next?

http://i.imgur.com/ztddX.jpg

Where does this go?

http://i.imgur.com/nIKW0.jpg

Edit: it's a V3 gearbox for a UMP some of the parts look different and fix in different which is why I'm having issues following videos because tw pieces don't match up

2. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

Got the AR latch in place. Need help with trigger assembly.

Actually it's not the trigger assembly it's like the housing I think

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

The trigger assembly can be difficult to get back together. I recommend looking up, on YouTube, how to reassemble a V3 gearbox. It'll help you more than we can over text.

4. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

The problem with the videos (which I've been watching for the past 2 hours) is that the ump gearbox is modified and the pieces aren't the same. Some videos don't show the trigger assembly which I googled specifically and I'm able to get it back together.

The issue im running into now is I have 2 pieces left over like an ikea couch and I'm unable to find a video that has the same pieces..

It's a small metal piece like the steel piece that goes on with the trigger except its got a hole.

The other is a black piece that's in the second picture in my original post.

I don't see that piece in any videos. I think it's a piece for the electrical housing but again I'm not sure because videos aren't helping.

If someone knows what the pieces are its easier to google " _______ assembly".

5. TheAirsoftTech

So, you are trying to install parts that don't fit properly? Or just can't find a video to reassemble the specific UMP proprietary trigger assembly?

Did you not take a moment to study the internals before you started to pull them out?

6. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

The trigger I got back on. It's the black piece in the second picture in my original post and the ultra tiny spring that I'm stuck on now.

Also as stated in my initial post (it fell apart) as I was unscrewing the gearbox someone bumped into my chair and I opened the gearbox causing all the internals to fall out without being able to write down where they went.

So now were all good, I just need to know what that black plastic piece is so I can find info on putting it in place.

All the pieces are in there correct places, besides this one which I don't know where it goes I know where the tiny doing for it goes. I just can't see where it fits...

7. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

Did some more research but hit a dead end it's called a pusher I'm not sure if that's the actual name...

8. TheAirsoftTech

Give me a minute to edit your photos to try and show you where I think the parts go.

EDIT: I believe this is where I think they go in:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  9. gregtotheizzo

gregtotheizzo New Member

Yea after the trigger goes in the pusher goes on top with the small spring. That spring that's in that photo was the AR Latch spring.

I think I'm all set the problem now is trying to get the trigger to stay in place so I can reassemble

10. TheAirsoftTech

Alright, cool. Good luck.