Reblacken KWA parts

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Automobilie, Jul 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Automobilie

Automobilie Active Member

Hello, you operators wouldn't happen to know what kind of finish KWA uses on their cast parts to black them would you?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I just use Aluma Black.

3. Automobilie

I think a place in town might have that. Might give KWA a call, but who knows if they'll give up the deets.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I have both...I'll give you pictures of before and after.

5. Automobilie

While I was putting in my KWA order I asked the tech about what they use. He said some kind of parkerization? Aluminum and titanium have to be definitely have to be anodized, but I found a guy on a firearm forum talking about parkerizing old zamac firearms.

Couldn't find much about parkerizing zinc casted parts though. I'm pretty sure the ultra-dark purplish parts (usually internal) are some kind of chromate, but the frames and mags are grayer.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis

I'll get tot he sample this evening.

hawkchief likes this.
  7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I found a KWA that had a chip and it took off a small chunk of the finish with it.

The whole progression from chip point to "recoating" was bout 45 seconds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]