Recommend a Vest/Chest Rig to me.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Psymon, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
    Preface: I'm new. I don't have the ability to dump 1k on a Load Out. I however Don't want to buy JUNK.

I'm looking to go Multi Cam.
    I need a chest rig/vest, I'm not very picky. I dont want to wear TOO much, but the guy I'm buying uses HUGE Mag's.. 417 Mags.. Which I hear is the same size as the G36 mags..

Can somebody make some recommendations for a solution to carry my mags, A Velco Spot for patches would be a plus, I would like 2 pistol mag pouches. I'm looking for Best Bang for my buck.

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    the 417 mag is not the same as the g36 mag. its a 7.62 and needs a bit bigger pouch.
    whats your price range?
    check out flyye or pantac for their chest rigs. its your best choice for cheep or get a nice PC and get a couple pouches and customize.
    If you get eh chest rig, thats you rig no real changing it where as teh PC can be made to suit your needs.
    Knief will be by with links but a price range is needed

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    If you want something that's affordable and not crap, you're looking squarely in the realm of Pantac and FLYYE. The two companies are pretty much identical in terms of quality and similar in terms of products offered, though FLYYE has gone a bit further as far as branching out into new models and new patterns lately. Both make high quality reproduction gear, so less expensive versions of stuff made by Eagle Industires, Londonbridge Trading, Paraclete, Diamondback Tactical, etc., etc. My two go-to suggestions from these companies are their versions of the Eagle Plate Carrier w/Cummerbund (EPC) and the LBT 6094. Both vests are relatively modern designs (the 6094 being a bit more up to date), both are relatively light weight and low profile, while still offering ample carrying space. The EPC is a big larger and as a result will carry a bit more. The 6094 is a bit smaller and cut away in the shoulders more, giving you more maneuverability and flexibility while sacrificing storage space just a bit. Either vest is a great choice. On to the links:

FLYYE versions:
    6094:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=673

EPC with pouches:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=4232

EPC without pouches:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=4233

Pantac Versions:
    6094:
    http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=2986

EPC with pouches:
    http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=3208

I'm sure there's a version of the Pantac EPC without pouches, but you'll be ordering from overseas and shipping will drive the price up to beyond what you'd spend for the FLYYE version with pouches. If you went with the Pantac EPC, you could sell the M4 mag pouches for a reasonable price and make some of that money back.

Pouches are going to depend a bit on which vest you get. The 6094 has a kangaroo pouch that you'll probably want to use, which is going to change your whole loadout. How many mags do you plan on carrying? What about other stuff like hydration, tools, bbs, kill rag, snacks, or whatever? And lastly (for now) what type of pistol do you carry? A single stack 1911 mag is going to fit into a different pouch than a Five-seveN mag or an M9 mag.

[edit] Also, the Condor rig Tenhoff linked to his crap, and my guess is that those AK chest rigs won't fit your needs. AK mags and 417 mags are pretty different.

4. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
    I'm looking to be under $200 For the Vest/Chest with a Pouch to hold 3 7.62 Mags. I won't include the other accessories for it in the price as I'll prolly just piece it together as i figure out how I want to equip it.

Sidearm is going to be a 1911, I'll carry 2 mags (1 in the Gun too for a total of 3)

I'll be getting 2 HiCap VFC 7.62 mags. So 3 of those mag pouches total.. I would like to be able to fit my leatherman, I may or may not do a HydroPack.. not sure.. I would like some versitility, I dont want to be pigeion holed into 1 specific use for it.. I like the Flyye that Knief recommended... looks nice.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    In case you missed it, I posted while you were posting.

6. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
  7. Knief

Ann Arbor
  8. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
    Ahhh.. theres the catch..

The AWS is 50% more then the original you linked. This is more in Par with what I saw originally when pricing things out..

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Well, the other catch is that FLYYE in Multicam is more expensive than the list price on the page you're seeing. It's out of stock so you can't select it as an option, but when you can it costs $147. The link directly to the Multicam piece:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_158_167_169&products_id=5024

ShooterCB just had a big Cyber Monday sale so a bunch of stuff is out of stock, and FLYYE recently released a line of AOR1 gear, which means a lot of their manufacturing capacity is tied up in that. They'll restock soon though, I'm sure.

10. Tenhoff

Tenhoff New Member

washington d.c
    how do you calculate the shipping on shootercbgear?

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Go through the checkout process, it calculates it for you before you have to put any payment information in.

12. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

I just placed an order for my 6094 in khaki with pouches etc and they are on backorder. I'm told he's getting a new shipment today, but I always get skeptical. I've heard nothing but good things about them overall.

As for shipping I only had two options, the standard was $36 (not sure it makes a difference but I'm in NY) which stung, but not much I can do, just won't make small orders there.

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's pretty standard for shipping a vest from Hong Kong. That's why their prices are so much cheaper than Pantac's at Airsoft Smith. The gear costs about the same and is being sold with about the same profit margin. The difference is, you pay for the shipping from HK to the US with FLYYE and Airsoft Smith has already paid that cost with Pantac. They end up being a similar price to get to your door. You just pay that price differently.

14. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Yea it seems I was under a false impression that it was a flat $35 international shipping rate.

Today they told me the triple M4 pouch was back ordered so when I said to just refund me that and I buy elsewhere they refunded price of pouch and $5 shipping, so just seems like it was about $5 shipping per item on my order which is pretty good.

They told me it ships tomorrow and hopefully I'll get it in 5-7 business days, I couldn't be more excited!