Recommend me a full face mask for Milsim, no i5 and no mesh

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Not DMR, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Not DMR

Not DMR New Member

Could you guys recommend a good mask for playing Milsim games? I usually use a Dye i5, but they do not look realistic in military terms. Ive tried using a face mesh with googles, and I did not like the lack of face protection they offer.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    They have a face mask standard? I find that unreasonable...if teeth gets shot out...will they pay for dental work?

IMHO...face mask is as important as eye protection...

3. Not DMR

Not DMR New Member

I agree, that's why I don't want to go for the classic Milsim combo goggles + face mesh, I want a full face mask like my i5, but with better visual appeal

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You can always go futuristic war masks or GOBL masks.

Not DMR likes this.
  5. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Is there a problem with mesh masks? Ar e there any good ones?

6. Not DMR

Not DMR New Member

The problem is not the mesh itself, but the fact that you have to use a goggle and they don’t protect around the eyes, and also the sides of your face are left unprotected. A friend of mine got shot on the eye socket, wasn’t pretty

7. Hesterminator

Hesterminator Member

Johns Creek
    No idea how good it is but you could try a warq if you have the money or if not the 6mm pro shop helmet mounting one.

8. Zoms101

Zoms101 New Member

Beavercreek Township
    There are lots of options for full-face protection. The problem I see is that most milsim events have rather tight restrictions on the aesthetics of your gear, and most full-face helmets are not styled after anything any current military uses. I know that MilSim West allows camouflaged paintball-style masks.

• I took a look at WARQ, that seems like the best option.
    • If you have the money, you can get a Gentex Ops-Core helmet with a mandible shield and either a flip-down eye shield or helmet-mounted goggles. Or get a riot face visor attachment if you don't need a complete face seal. All of these should be compatible with their bump helmet if you can't spring for a ballistic one.
    • You can also wear a full-face respirator or other CBRN-styled protective gear if you can handle the restricted airflow.
    • Lastly (if your event allows the style), there are tons of sci-fi full face helmets: SRUnion and SkyRonin are among the best that I've found.
    Hope this was helpful.