Recommendations for side arm !!!

Discussion in 'California Airsoft Forum' started by m3nace707, Jan 14, 2016.

1. m3nace707

m3nace707 New Member

santa rosa
    Looking to pick up a side arm but not sure which one.

NEED SOME ASSISTANCE

was looking to get the WE 1911 version B

Thanks

-mitch

2. snakenator

snakenator Member

San Diego
    I use a we 1911 and its solid. A lot of people aren't huge fans but I've had no problems with over a years use.

3. m3nace707

m3nace707 New Member

santa rosa
    Nice thanks will give it a try only bad review ive heard is the mags leaking

4. snakenator

snakenator Member

San Diego
    Yeah mine leaked but I disassembled it and figured out that it was a simple fix.

5. m3nace707

m3nace707 New Member

santa rosa
    Well that's good, might just have to buy extra mags

6. Lima3-9

Lima3-9 New Member

Healdsburg
    Are you guys using Green Gas for live battle or????? Forgive my uneducated question.....new to the sport. Thanks.

7. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I recently picked up the Tokyo Marui M&P9. It's probably one of the most accurate pistols I've ever used. I definitely recommend it.

I don't recommend WE 1911s because their mags can't hold enough gas, causing the gun to run out of gas before it can finish the mag. If you're set on a 1911, I'd suggest either co2 (KJW or KWC) or a Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa if you must use green gas.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  8. m3nace707

m3nace707 New Member

santa rosa
    Oh really didn't know that I new there were issues with the mags but didn't know the gas runs out before the bbs. Thanks I'll look into the Tokyo

Thanks -mitch

9. snakenator

snakenator Member

San Diego
    I've seen a TON of people running EF 1911s if you're specifically looking for 1911s. They're supposedly the best gbb ever in many people's opinions. Ive gotten the chance to use one a couple times and I'll say that it's a solid sidearm, but I don't know that it deserves all the hype it gets.

10. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    Don't get the Elite Force. People only say it's "the best" because Elite Force pays the industry celebrities to "worship" their products, therefore the customers do the same. They're just mindlessly buying whatever the corporations are selling them, without doing any research on it.

All the Elite Force 1911 is is a KWC 1911 that Elite Force gave a bad paint job and raised the price on. So why pay $120 when you can get the same gun for $80?

11. m3nace707

m3nace707 New Member

santa rosa
    Oh I see thanks for the info very helpfull, I'll do more research on it before buying.

Thanks

-Mitch

12. Kylerclutts

Kylerclutts New Member

Huntersville
    I really like my we tech g17 it's a bit old but it works solid for me and looks sick!

13. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    I personally recommend one of the KJW Sig's. Great performance for price.

If you're set on the 1911, try looking around for a used Tokyo Marui, or you might be able to get a brand new one for a good price where you are.

WE's are known for lemons (or so I hear).

My KJW has performed amazingly in stock condition for about 2 years.
    Buddy's TM G17 has been outstanding for about a year now.

14. Kylerclutts

Kylerclutts New Member

Huntersville
    The Kjw sigs are very good too!

15. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    The G19s and G17s are probably among the few good pistols WE makes, of course they're very difficult to find now.

I've owned a TM, KJW, and WE P226. The part that held the slide to the frame on the WE broke on 2 of the 3 I had. The KJW was alright, but probably would've done better on c02. The TM didn't have any problems that the other two had. However I've heard the P226 series is very difficult to work on.

16. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
    Holy crap I'm wondering where all the normal gas gun experts are who usually provide information.

Uh, I tend to avoid WE. You should always get a Tokyo Marui. If you can't get one, save up for it. If you can't save up for it, then settle for a solid KJW pistol, and then weep when you realize no matter how much you upgrade it, it'll never be as good as a similarly upgraded Tokyo Marui pistol.

Tokyo Marui 5.1 or 4.3 Hi-Capa is always a safe bet. Tons of upgrade parts. To the point where you can buy parts separately and make one from scratch.

I also used to be a KWA fanboy. Their stuff is proprietary and they have expensive as hell magazines, but one thing they really get right is 1:1 real steel proportions and feel compared to any other gas pistol making company. They have limited upgrades and their performance is okay, but they make their pistols much more balanced in weight and realistic than even the most expensive Tokyo Marui guns.

17. m3nace707

m3nace707 New Member

santa rosa
    Thank you guys for the help, I was also looking into the glock but hard to find. I'll look into the Tokyo marui

18. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada

All of this = Perfect

19. RussianArmoyAirsoft

RussianArmoyAirsoft New Member

Russian or NATO arms? I'm Russian loadout and use the we tech makarov pmm version I think. Good gun but the mag it came with leeks gas to much.