Recording radios

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by foxstormairsoft, Apr 19, 2016.

1. foxstormairsoft

foxstormairsoft New Member

SW_VA
    Hey all,

So I was putting together the gameplay footage form Theta's Copperhead Road IV, I realized to the viewers it will seem like I'm just a crazy dude talking to my self because I used a headset instead of a open speaker for my comms. So for the next game I would like to use a head set again it worked so much better then the speaker, But I need to record incoming transmissions. Any thoughts? Any Kind of adapter I can hook between my radio and headset to run to a voice recorder?

SIDE NOTE: atleast some gameplay for copperhead road should be up tonight. Be sure to check it out and tell me what you think https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmL2BpvAEvyvehuCgy-lWdQ

2. 6Milly

6Milly New Member

J-Vegas
    Low tech solution: Acquire another radio and fandangle a recorder by the speaker.

3. Shawn1Actual

Shawn1Actual New Member

near Oak Ridge
    6Milly has the right idea. You could use a Y but it will get real complicated really fast.

If you can solve the splitter thing, you could add a simple earphone, and glue it near the mic on your camera. Loud enough to record, but not so loud it gives you away. Resolves impedance issues.

S1A