Red dot scope.

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by backyardsn1per, Sep 30, 2012.

1. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    Hi, I am looking for a decent red dot scope for $20 or less. It will go on my m4. It does not to be high quality as I need a red dot for ease of aiming at night. I absolutely hate the m4's irons. I would prefer tube style.
    Thanks,
    Backyardsniper

2. lentj

lentj New Member

East Aurora
    I use an NCstar redot. I put a 1x40 red dot on it an it looks good, gives you a decent field of view and I think it was about 25 bucks. I've tried 1x30 red dots on a cantilever mount to go over the iron sights and not take them off, but the 1x30 won't adjust down in elevation enough to line up with the front sight. Beware, while NC star's are decent enough for airsoft, they use plastic lenses.....once scratched they are useless. The flip-up covers they come with are sort of crappy and usually break off after a few outings. You can get better covers, but I think you'll find they are generally a pain to use and you'll want to just chuck them after a while. Don't clean the glass with just anything....especially your fingers or your shirt sleeve. Plastic lenes scratch easily. Use a lens cloth or a brush. Remember, you get what you pay for.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    please use the search function first from now on. Like stated above, there are numerous threads already about this topic and about 90% of every other question youll ask in the future

4. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Yah i use ncstar also there pretty decently pticed but you will want to gon on like evike.com and get a cover for them.

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    For that price get an NC star. I actually use one. Its 1x45. My only complaint is that the dot isn't bright enough during the day and I can barely see it. Obviously you won't have that problem.

But an even better idea than getting a crappy sight...you can get glow in the dark iron sight paint for your gun. Paint your iron sights and they will glow at night making it easy for you to aim.