Red Tiger batteries?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by stxrus, Dec 11, 2012.

1. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
  2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, they are overpriced ni-mh cells, like most of the battery packs sold at airsoft retailers. They should get the job done in a stock gun.

Would i buy it? Hell no.

3. antizombie

antizombie Well-Known Member

Schofield
    If you want a 9.6 get a 7.4 lipo they give around the same performance depending on dump. And if. You go on ebay and just search for general lipo not airsoft specific there dirt cheap I just picked up a 5000 mah 7.4v for 13 bucks and free shipping and it wasn't a bid it was jjust a buy it now

4. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Red Tiger is Airsoft Atlanta's "store brand" battery. In my experience, they are about as good as Tenergy 9.6v Nunchucks but are priced a little less.

For Lipos, I'd check out the Gens Ace line from HobbyPartz. They are running $11-$12 for 7.4v and 11.1v lipos. I've had good luck with them. I'm with Antizombie on where to buy lipos. Airsoft stores/sites charge a lot more or lipos than RC stores/Sites. You'll get about the same battery but at 3-4 times the price.

5. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    +1
    If you are dead set on the 9.6 you will have good results but like any other relaiter the item is marked up. You could get a 7.4lipo that will perform just as good for about half the price.

If you don't already have a smart charger I would suggest making the switch to lipo. A 7.4 lipo & charger will cost you about the same if not less & will perfom about the same if not better. The advantage of this is, if you buy multiple batteries you will save a lot of money.

6. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    thank you. now i have to add a buch of stuff to conform to the stupid 20 character rule when a simple rely was all that was needed. thank you again

7. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    No problem. Glad I could help.