Redstar AK

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by mnmetalhead1, Jul 28, 2012.

1. mnmetalhead1

mnmetalhead1 GBB FTW Supporting Member

Hibbing
    I have been trying to research my friends AK and the trade marks dont seem to match the airsoftGI model. Is it possible that the one in airsoftGI is back when redstar was vector arms? I remember reading that Vector arms was changed to Redstar.

[​IMG]

my receiver reads

RED(star)STAR(backwards R)
    SEM.CA 7.62X39MM
    S/N ECHO1 9879628

with RED(star)STAR(backwards R) under the charging handle

Also inside the receiver in front of the hole for the trigger it has CM.029-01A, it looks like it was engraved into the mold because its raised lettering, more like writing i guess. Pictures will come later if requested, i assume someone must know something.

Evike has the same trademarks, Newer updated pictured?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
  2. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

I'm not very aware of Cyma guns, but if it says Cmo.29 doesn't that mean it's possibly a Cyma?

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Well Echo sold Vector arms weapons as well as they sell CYMA weapons. So with that in mind, it wouldn't be too shocking to see similar stamps or stickers places on the respective guns.
    Also keep in mind that often the pictures are stock pictures given to retailers from the manufactures. It could be pictures of an old model for a newer model on shelves now.

4. mnmetalhead1

Hibbing
    I know that Echo1 rebrands Cymas, but whats a Cyma 029? I thought that an older model was a possibility but i dont want to assume that till it can be confirmed.

5. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Like I said, I don't know the Cyma guns. Just that they're called a CMO.something.

6. mnmetalhead1

Hibbing
    Lol, that's another problem, if the cm029 is a underfold stock than this is a mis-stamped receiver. this has the full stock. The mounting brackets would be all different.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yeah you have the same trades that my friends red star has.