RedWolfAirsoft.com//: What's the chances of my gun getting seized in Customs?

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by Frankiiie, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    I plan on buying a TM 5-7 from Redwolfairsoft.com.
    I live in texas and need to know what the chances are of the customs seizing it for some reason.. I dont know much of customs but I've heard they can sometimes seize your stuff.
    Do you think it will make it through safely?
    Do you think they will seize it? If so, what happens then?
    Sorry for all these questions just really iffy about ordereing from somewhere so far, i've never done it before atleast where Im buying a actual airsoft gun. Anything is helpful, thanks!

2. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Customs can and do seize stuff.
    However I am sure your TM 5-7 will make it through with no problem.
    They have no reason to seize it.

3. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Mine got through just fine from I believe eHobby Asia. And it's out of stock on RedWolf.

4. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

From my experience, as long as its a legit use of the trademarks and nam, you won't have any issues. But ymmv

5. Expendable

Dallas
    The TM does not have FN Herstal trades on it. Here's what it does have.

image-1583079382.jpg

Very nice trades but not real.

6. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

Shouldn't be an issue then. If you are paranoid, you could ask them to putty over any trades and make sure the orange tip is on there.

Btw, nice choice of pistol

7. ilkahn

ilkahn New Member

Collierville
    Happy new year! I was married to a canadian for 15 years and have had many packages go back and forth across borders. So long as the item has the red tip i wouldn't think you should have any issues. We never had anything siezed but on occasion we would have customs agents deliver the package and demand "tribute" as i called it. Typically this was due to some import tariff on items or whatnot, for instance my wife once had 4 bottles of canadian aspirin sent by her brother and since it had trace amounts of codeine (not enough to be illegal) they said we had to pay an additional 200 bucks per bottle. We refused and they sent them back.

I'd say that should be your biggest worry lol.

8. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Order it from WGC. They know to cover the trades on the off chance that it might be seized. The covering they use is very easy to remove as well.

9. TacticalChef

TacticalChef New Member

San Francisco
    make sure you specify to cover the trades and have it shipped with an orange tip. I've had problems with customs with things that didn't even look like guns, so every precaution you can take is a good one.

10. Expendable

Dallas
    I'll point out since the trades aren't real eHobby Asia only put on an orange tip. No trade covers. Not sure on WGC.

11. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas

okay, I've never heard of that website. Is it good?

12. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Member

will I have trouble ordering a g17 from airsoft global? Ive seen they ship the receivers separately, if it is seized is a refund given? thanks!

13. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Most likely no refund will be issued, but it's unlikely it'll be seized like that.

14. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Member

ok thank you man, everyone on this forum is so helpful

15. Viv

Viv New Member

New York
    I bought two glock magazines through red wolf and they came, relatively quick as well. If that helps your decision at all...

16. MrReklezz

MrReklezz Member

Old thread i know, but i wanted to share my experiences. Iv'e ordered from both Ehobbyasia and WGCshop. I bought a SA G19 with real glock trades from there. They (ehobby) did an awesome job of covering up the trades without an issues. Ive also purchased a TM 1911 and a Makarov from WGC and they also covered the trades and added orange tape to the slides. No trouble getting through customs.