Reliable revolvers?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by hotrod32, Oct 24, 2012.

1. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

Does anyone have any spring revolvers they can recommend? Preferably something around or below $100

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    why do you want a springer?
    In short, no springer other than a sniper is reliable and even those, you have to build up to get there. Save and get a good revolver that will last

3. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

I want one that you have to pull the hammer back every time. I figured that classified it as a spring.

4. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    You'd be better off getting a gas gun and just pulling the hammer back. Although I don't really understand why you'd want to take the extra time to do so...

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    In the spring revolver world, the HFC Python is pretty decent. Not much range or power, but it's good enough for plinking or the occasional spring pistol only game. It's the only spring pistol (other than the TM Gindan series) that can be cocked with one hand.

For a Single Action style revolver (Western style Colt SAA), I'd look at the Tanaka gas series.
    Heck, any Tanaka gas revolver can be cocked before shooting.

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    They have a large number of HFC revolvers, check them out. I got a couple. Super accurate up to 10 feet

7. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

I just like the style and feel of revolvers. It's like a magazine popping out of an m1 garande, somethings about guns are just cool

8. Bubbadeerhntz

Bubbadeerhntz New Member

I use a Co2 revolver because it uses the same power source as my spring field

9. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Well I use an HFC green gas revolver and it's and ok sidearm for my play still. It's more for looks and intimidation than anything. It is also only accurate up to 40 feet at 300 fps but I never use to to shoot more than 20. But it is relatively cheap at $50. WinGun also make revolvers that are powered by Co2 but they shoot hard for a pistol at 370-400 Fps.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I have a wingun co2 powered revolver. It's a nice looking gun, but shoots to hard for most fields. I might one day try to lower its power by somehow converting it to green gas (I have some ideas, just depends how well they work out). It's not really that accurate at all though (also plan to install some type of fixed hop) but it looks nice on my vest and its really fun to load in the dummy bullets that it comes with. Like said before me, it's more intimidating then useful.

11. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

About how much does the wingun co2 cost? Is it fairly accurate?

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
  13. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

Hhmmm I'll look into it , any others you guys can recommend?

14. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    There are not really any other revolvers in your price range that I have heard of.

15. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

Thanks guys, any input on the uhc revolver? Or the tsd one? Saw them on the dicks sporting goods website

16. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Do not get the uhc. I have it and it goes about 10 feet tops. It's absolutely horrific

17. Bubbadeerhntz

Bubbadeerhntz New Member

Drawback to co2. They run out faster than green gas and theyre more expsensive.

18. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Is the UHC one the raging bull? If so, my friend has it. Nice feel, shooting us okay, it isn't very accurate, but it does have about 50 ft range, and is fun to plink with.

19. hotrod32

hotrod32 New Member

Not sure, the website I was on didn't say much about it. How bout any good p99's?

20. Bubbadeerhntz

Bubbadeerhntz New Member

Really with a wather i dont like them so i would say anything but a crosman.