Rental fleet Recommendations for outdoor field

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BJP&AS, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Def. Do you even have to ask?

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Maybe if it's not too hot.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No I'd rather drink and sit around at the pool.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Def. if it's not too hot.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    Hi all,
    I own and operate a paintball field in Belize Central America called Belize jungle paintball. I introduced paintball to the country and am now exited to bring in airsoft! I was looking for some recommendations on what would be a more reliable cost efficient gun for a new fleet. Also looking for something with ease of maintainance.
    Price Range Would be between $125-$200. Also looking for electric gun.
    As far as model not really set on any one in particular, m4 would be a good start.
    I am new to airsoft so I'm going to learn as I go. Also what would be important parts to stock for repairs aside from battery. Any info would be helpful thanks fellas.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  2. Jackson Watts

Jackson Watts New Member

Madisonville
    I would start with a nicer starter gun for a rental such as a lancer tactical they are only about $100 so they are below your price range but they are a strong plastic but even with that what you are using them for they could still break easy. I've never heard of one being broken but I've heard of several plastic guns being broken and broke some myself. But this is a little stronger of a plastic but if your really worried about them being broken you could swap out the plastic pieces that are easy to break for metal and still be on the lower end of your budget. Also the gun has a full metal gearbox so that would make it much more reliable then another gun selling at the same price. I have a lancer tactical m4 and used it pretty often (probable put 5,000 rounds through it in a week and never had a problem) and it also has a very good clip that comes with is so if you spin the loader on the bottom of the clip a couple times it should go all the way through the whole mag without spinning it more which you don't get with a starter gun so that's another plus. Also has a decent barrel. Cons: plastic, cheaper gun, probably(need) have to buy nicer bbs Pros: cheaper gun(as well), good clip, good barrel/hop up system, good battery, full metal gearbox, reliable.
    I honestly think that it would be a great guns for a rental business but you can look around some more and see what you think. You can find more info on the gun at lancertactical.com and can buy it off of Amazon.com
    I would like to know what you come up with and how it all turns out for you!!

BJP&AS likes this.

3. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    Sounds like a good contender full metal gearbox and that price! the plastic like you said is def a con and having to ship, clear customs and pay a heavy 70% duty on imports of this nature. I would lean towards something a little more solid that will hold up. But will def look into it thanks for your input man.

4. Jackson Watts

Jackson Watts New Member

Madisonville
    Oh also parts to keep in stock. Barrels because when people trip and fall they sometimes bend them, mag, buttstock for the same reason as barrels, and tones of bb's maybe .20 gram because they are a little bit cheaper but if you can afford it .25 gram to prevent jams. The higher your go the less likely you are of a jam because of quality. Mine has never jamed with .20 but I would recommend using higher gram

5. Jackson Watts

Jackson Watts New Member

Madisonville
    I would definitely ask around some more for more opinions

6. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    Check out the new line of classic army. They're a proven company willing to wholesale to smaller companies. Full metal with a full metal gearbox is hard to swing under $200 if it doesn't need work out of the box.

7. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    All good info thanks. What about internal parts. Any thoughts on the ics m4 with split ver.2 gearbox. I was looking at that.

Specter4 likes this.
  8. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    Perfect. Easy to work on too. They make quality internals with good stock motors. Typically good to go out of the box 100,000 rounds without maintenance.

9. Jackson Watts

Jackson Watts New Member

Madisonville
    Oh also cyma and jg have decent guns

10. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    What would be a more realistic price range for full metal / full metal gearbox?

11. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    ICS like you mentioned is the best choice for m4 probably. But CYMA AKs are actually more reliable stock than m4s, the issues in v2 gearboxes were solved in the newer version AKs have (v3)

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  12. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    Yeah that's what I was thinking on the lancer. I will have to stock of all that. there is no airsoft played or sold here yet so the people couldn't bring any of that if they wanted too. Will need to import everything in bulk quantities.

13. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    What were the issues in ver2. ?

14. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Generally the front end being weak. This can be helped with radiusing. The v3 has more material at the front of the gearbox, and is stronger.

Specter4 likes this.
  15. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    The gearbox shell cracks at the cylinder head after repeat impacts from the piston. This was specifically engineered out of v3s with thicker metal in certain areas.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  16. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Although, I haven't had any issues with a v2 in the long time I've worked on them;)

BJP&AS likes this.
  17. BJP&AS

BJP&AS New Member

Massapequa
    The CYMA AK looks like a pretty solid rental gun. Do your local fields stick to one model specific for rentals or offer a variety?

18. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    They're all compatible with the same parts, so a variety would add appeal for your customers.

19. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

In the UK rentals are very often JG G36. The polymer body is incredibly tough, and they're easy to work on and maintain. The gearbox is robust, and the out of the box performance is reasonable. There's space for a large capacity battery, so your players won't be coming back for new batteries during games.
    Maintenance parts are a few spare motors, pistons and air seal parts. Plus a few trigger assembles, and fire selectors. You're dealing with mainly new players who don't know how the guns work, and often force will be their first response to a problem. You'll also want spare magazines. If anything is going to fail, it's a magazine!

Specter4 likes this.
  20. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I'd play anywhere the rules aren't focused around kids like bang rule or a MED with a fps limit of 350 I personally only play where bangrule is restricted to only on 1 person and if you have the drop on him/her along with no MED with 350 and under guns so long as rules are like that I'm game. Best of luck both sports are awesome I hope you do well.