renting guns

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by melt913, Jul 30, 2012.

1. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    sorry if this is in the wrong place but i didnt know where to post it im about to start retning my guns out at games and i have know clue at i need to do is some breaks one of them and how to make them pay for it ? someone please help me iv looked every where for something and i have nothing.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    If you break it, you hand the pissed off looking man a large check.

No, seriously you will have to let them keep your deposit.

3. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

No it is if somebody breaks his gun.

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Tell them they have to pay a damage deposit before playing. And if they break the gun, you keep the deposit. If they don't, you give it back. It works in sailing regattas, so I don't know it wouldn't work with airsoft guns.

5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    The thing is you can't charge a deposit that equals the price of the gun, maybe a $25 deposit at most I can't see getting more than that. And to be honest, if they break your gun they really don't have to pay you unless you have every renter sign a legal contract....and when you do that, if they still don't pay you'll end up taking them to court. The process can take up to a 6 months too....

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    At my field they charge 30.00 to rent a gun for a day. You don't get the money back at the end... It's like going to a paintball field. You pay to play and if you don't have a gun you can rent one but you don't get your money back for the rental otherwise they would go out of buisness pretty fast.

If you are renting your guns out make them pay X ammount of dollars to use your gun. If it breaks on them it might not be there fault... Guns can break down anytime. The money you get from people renting will go towards repairs if one goes down. You "can't" make them pay for it if it breaks and this is why you charge people to use the gun.

Also OP if you don't fix your own guns I wouldn't suggest renting them out.. Learn how to work on them first.

[EDIT] ^ Going to court over a broken airsoft gun would be stupid... Court fees / lawyers would cost you more than the repair/what gun is worth. Generally it's not going to cost over 50.00 to repair a airsoft gun including labor. And if you fix them yourself you can take out the labor costs.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  7. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    melt,

We have some minimum standards for grammar and spelling on this board and your post falls way below them. Please take the time to write in complete sentences and use correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Stream of consciousness writing, ever using your shift key, and butchering numerous words is unacceptable.

8. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    Well thanks everyone you have all been a great help.But to help give you a better look at what its like around here for something like this.Im 16 so going to court is almsot out of the question,and I live in a small county in kentucky.Population right around 30000 not alot if you think about it.You never go to court here unless it involves land,cars,trouble with the law and other big stuff.Other matters are solved in private.Something like this would most likely get solved by them just paying for it,us fighting it out till one gives in or by some of means. what I really need is something like a document saying they have to pay for it cause theres alot of dope heads here they wont go to court over a $100 gun jsut to risky not including I know alot of families around here and what they do.So far the only thing I found that could help is a lease.I learned yesterday that a lease can be used to rent out just about anything so if anyone could please help figure out how it would work with airsoft guns anything else I know how it would work but for a airsoft gun i have no idea.

also is this better Knief??

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Actually, it's a lot better. Thank you. One thing though, you need to put a space after each period (two spaces if you want to be formal, but a lot of schools are teaching just the one space) at the end of your sentences.

10. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County

This would have been better (corrections in RED):

(Sniped by the Great Kneif...)

Also, OP, what you are looking for is a "Rental Agreement", not a Lease.
    A Lease is for a specific period of time, a Rental Agreement is for a period of use.

For legality purposes, go look at rental agreements from places that rent equipment like log splitters, aerators, pressure washers, etc... and look at their indemnity and damage clauses.

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    OP you don't want a lease but like sparky said a rental agreement.

What guns are you renting out & how many ?
    Is it your field or someone elses ?

12. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    Alright where would I get a rental agreement or would I just type it out myself?

13. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    Its just a wooded area near one of my friends house, and its a couple of guns maybe about 5 or 6. Im gonna list them below.

p.s it depends on which one i use.

1.ak (r76)
    2.m4/m16 (m83)
    3.thompson (d98)
    4.co2 pistol (c11)
    5.mini cqb gun (dont know what kind)

I have more but they need some parts for them first.

14. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    You'll have to make your own.

For ideas on what to put in it...

And no offense intended, but those are mostly crappy LPEGs with plastic gears and gearboxes. They will not last long at all, and I can't see anyone wanting to pay to use them.

15. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    Well you would be suprised at what they can do :),but so just go and type it out my self and thats it?

16. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Most of those guns are prone to breakage anyway....

17. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    Well maybe if you through them off cliff lol, but all i half to do is type out the agreement and im done? if so thank you all for your help.

18. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    LPEGS break when you spit on them... I don't think anyone will want to rent those...

19. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Yeah you can do that, but if they still don't pay and you really want your money, you would have to take them to court, which would be pointless, because all the fees and time would amount to more than what the LPEG was worth.

20. melt913

melt913 New Member

harlan
    If you read earlier things jsut dont work that way hear lol we dont like to waste time and money over stuff like that and people just pay up we respect other peoples property. i have alot of faith that they would pay i jsut want a way to make sure but i have got all info needed so thank you all.