Repair help: Cybergun Officially Licensed Colt 1911 Parkerized

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Dahvy14, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Dahvy14

Dahvy14 New Member

Hi all, I am new to this forum and made this account out of desperation to hopefully find a fix to a problem I have with the gun in the title. The gun won't fire 80% of the time, I pulled the slide barrel assembly off to see I could diagnose the problem. I discovered a pin that wasn't fully extending most of the time was the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I have attached some images of the piece in question. (This gun has only had 6 c02 canisters run through it so it's still pretty new) The first image is the pin in resting position, uncocked. Second is cocked and properly extended (here the gun WILL fire properly). And third is the pin in resting position whilst the hammer is cocked (here is where the gun will not fire). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular gun and if the issue is a weak/damaged spring or if it's something different entirely. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could suggest a solution. I bought this gun for $120 and is by far the nicest and most realistic airsoft pistol I've owned and I really dont want to find out it's a lemon now. Oh, and it is C02 blowback, if that helps at all. Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I hate to burst your bubble, but that pistol is made by KWC and it's NOT High quality. It is exactly the same as the EF 1911 and the pistol will self destruct sooner than later on CO2, which is your only gas source. If you like it's looks...put it on the shelf and don't touch it. It will last longer.

With that here is an exploded diagram of the EF1911

[​IMG]

That Pin rests inside the slide, make sure it aligns with the groove in the slide. If not...it went out of alignment. This is typical of KWC CO2 products.

3. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    For the record, it would do that on green gas as well, it would just take longer.

OP, yes, you unfortunately got a lemon, which is extremely common with KWC OEM'd 1911s. Your only real option is to buy the hammer rebuild kit, which is around $25.

If that doesn't work, I'd highly suggest buying a KJW 1911. Same price range, much higher quality (and fully upgradeable, unlike the KWC ).

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Not for a KWC. They stopped making GG mags over 8 years ago.

5. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    I was pointing out that the issue was the QC/design...I wasn't saying you could get GG mags for it (though conversions are possible).

6. Dahvy14

Dahvy14 New Member

Thank you for the replies, and quick too! I didn't expect such a speedy answer. Dang, this sucks...$120 out the door just like that. I guess I'll list it on ebay as a boneyard gun and call it a day.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Spitfire,

Do you know of KWC GG Conversions? This would be interesting to know about since no other magazine on the market has the same dimensional proportions.

8. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    They exist, but aren't practical. Definitely won't be able to fire of an entire extend mag on one.

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Like the PPS bulbs in the shape of a jet where you can put in GG?

[​IMG]

10. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    That exactly. Cool idea, doesn't pan out though.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Nope...it didn't. I have two too.

FuLL-eFFekT1 and -Spitfire- like this.
  12. naecO.rM

naecO.rM New Member

Hi, are rechargeable CO2 cartridges do not working at all or they only not working with GG?
    Thanks.

13. Hyperslow556

Hyperslow556 Active Member

PDX
    IIRC, they only filled 'well' when frozen. And the valve liked to fail.

14. naecO.rM

naecO.rM New Member

Filled frozen with CO2 or GG?

15. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    GG. They weren't made for CO2.

16. naecO.rM

naecO.rM New Member

Sorry, who they?
    Refillable CO2 12g cartridges are existing, like a here € 12,74 Rechargeable 12g CO2 Cartridge
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LRHrmWBQ
    [​IMG]
    In the set is adapter from large 2-5kg CO2 cylinders, fire extinguisher will go too.
    Do you think its would be not good for our purposes?
    Do you have any experience or someone from your friends have experience with it?

Also found CO2/HPA conversion set http://www.advancednoveltytech.com/original
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The PPS Bulb for CO2 pistols to allow them to use GG is rather short sighted.

18. naecO.rM

naecO.rM New Member

So, no one was trying refillable CO2 cartridges?

19. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    There is no way to accurately refill a "cartridge".

20. naecO.rM

naecO.rM New Member

In my 1911 original CO2 make 3 mags and a half of fourth.
    If refillable CO2 cartridge will make two mags it's enough for me.
    12g is original CO2
    My expectation of refillable CO2 is 8g.
    Should work. Am I wrong?