Repair help: Cybergun Officially Licensed Colt 1911 Parkerized

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Dahvy14, Apr 16, 2018.

1. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    If you aren't going to listen to what we've already said, you might as well just try it out yourself.

Pharaoh likes this.
  2. naecO.rM

naecO.rM New Member

Sprry, I trust your words and appreciat it, but I just want to understand why they are not working in your opinion /experience.
    Are CO2 refillable cartridges leaking?
    Does CO2 refillable cartridge not take enough CO2 inside to make shoots?
    Any other reasons?

3. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    I've never used one, but I'm actually quite curious now.

They're still around, PPS and SHS makes them. I'd personally stick with the PPS, though, as the finish looks much smoother. If one's actually better than the other, I have no idea. You can find the PPS one on ASGI for 13$. Might have to pick one up myself, too. Let's see if we can make any personal observations about these.

Good luck to both of us.

4. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I went with the SHS one. ASGI wanted an extra 10 dollars for ground shipping vs Evike's super saver method at 5.99. It'll be on its way soon.

This is exciting!

-Spitfire- and Pharaoh like this.
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That valve is gonna leak...

-Spitfire- and Pharaoh like this.
  6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Active Member Supporting Member

I second that
    I've seen (Utube only) and heard nothing good about them, but I second it nonetheless... :D
    What a cool idea though, good luck with it

7. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    Same factory, just different branding.

8. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I'll just add this...these bulbs are not new...idea came out over 6 years ago...now think...why are they not more common...

9. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I'll find out soon enough, won't I? :p

You've known me long enough. I usually ignore the warnings of others until I fail first hand.

Remember the G&P WOC-X CAR-15 crapstorm? I tried removing paint with lye thinking it was anodization. xD

10. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I'm curious, how'd you find out that PPS and SHS are the same? I've always thought they were exclusive companies and factories from each other?

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Called contract manufacturing. PPS has a lot of dealings with the Savia "Group." Which consists of A&K, Ares, CYMA and their sub-companies and "others".

While name is different, production most likely came out of the same "production" facility.

Of all the Airsoft items made, its done by a handful of companies. Think of it as an inverted pyramid.

Example: Aluminum nozzles for TM. How many are made? Proarms, UAC, CowCow, DP, GM....you don't seriously think they each tooled up separately for that piece did you?

12. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I couldn't have imagined that it'd be like that. I found it strange that the DBOYS and CYMA AK's were used interchangeably on Evike's product page. Countering that in my mind, though, is that they both have a different finish for the metal parts, one rough and dull, the other smooth and shiney.

So that's to say: Yes, I thought they were all different excluding obvious rebranding middlemen. (Cybergun, Firepower, Palco, TSD, Aftermath, Crosman, BBtac, various manufacturers of real firearms' names, UKarms, EMG, Daisy, Lancer Tactical, UTG, Valken, Elite Force, Umarex, and others I forgot or don't even know.)

Sorry for the tangent. ;)

13. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Also, I apologize for my initial response. I do appreciate the warnings.

Of course, I'm still eager to attempt the impossible.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    DBoys and CYMA are not the same. The error is Evike messing things up...among other vendors.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  15. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    Their website, among other things.

FuLL-eFFekT1 likes this.
  16. FuLL-eFFekT1

FuLL-eFFekT1 Member

Everett