Rhop prometheus barrel

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Y to the G, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Y to the G

Y to the G New Member

Aalst
    Hello,

Does anyone have experience with rhopping a prometheus barrel? I want to increase range and accuracy for my stock krytac spr, and I want to rhop a prometheus barrel to do so. From the pictures i have seen of these barrels, the hopup window seems to go slightly obliquely inward instead of straight down. Does this pose any problems for rhopping? Do you need to adjust the hopup window with a file or a dremel? There are some good youtube videos on rhopping, but I can't seem to find one with a prometheus barrel. Does anybody have better sources than I have found?

Thanks for your input!

Regards,

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Prometheus EG barrels have a square cut window.
    What weight BBS are you using?

3. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    I've R-hopped several Prometheus EG barrels without issue. Have excellent results.

4. Y to the G

Y to the G New Member

Aalst
    I use 0.28g bb's. With an rhopped prometheus barrel I might go heavier.

Thanks for the info!

5. Y to the G

Y to the G New Member

Aalst
    Would a prowin hopup unit increase range/accuracy?

6. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Prowins are very finicky in feeding and fitment. The stock Krytac chamber is quite decent, I'd just use that.

7. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

The stock Krytac hop is superior to the Prowin. No need to change it. There's nothing wrong with the stock krytac barrel either to be honest.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.