RIS installation

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by chineseairsofterss, Jul 26, 2012.

1. chineseairsofterss

chineseairsofterss New Member

Hi,
    This is my first time installing a RIS and I seem to be having some trouble.
    So basically I am trying to installing AIM Real Steel AR Rifle Length Free Float Quad Rail for M4 / M16 . And this is what it looks like at the end.
    IMG_20120726_191022.jpg
    So You can remove the part, and I think that is suppose to replace the entire delta ring part.
    IMG_20120726_191100.jpg
    I have the star delta Ring.
    IMG_20120726_191040.jpg
    I think that you have to remove the star thing, but I dont have the special tool, and i tried using pliers but it wouldn't budge so im not to sure if im doing this right.

Can someone explain to me how to do it?

2. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    You will need the tool to remove it, you can buy it at evike for around $24, it's easy to remove once you have the tool, just remember lefty=loose right =tight

3. chineseairsofterss

chineseairsofterss New Member

Is their anyway to do it without the tool?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    You might be able to do it with channel locks, but you risk cracking your receiver. The proper way to do it is to use an armorer's wrench and vise. Get yourself a real armorer's wrench, not some crap from evike. It won't cost you much more.

5. DeadOnAirsoft

DeadOnAirsoft New Member

Canton
    Without the wrench you can take a flat head screwdriver and hammer and set the screwdriver on one of the notches and tap it til its loose.tap it sideways of course not straight up and down