RoF (Rate of fire) drop

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by theonlyBuster, Dec 16, 2012.

1. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    So after almost 4 months of not playing thanks to the horrid Florida heat, I finally got back out on the field and have been trying to use all my guns to ensure they're working.
    In the process, I noticed my dear old M4 (Sasha) felt different. I originally built the gun for a speedy trigger response aka almost a high speed set-up.
    While going through the motions, I noticed the rate of fire had dropped a bit as well as the trigger response wasn't as snappy. It almost felt as if I was using a normal output 9.6v battery... I typically use a super high output 11.1v Lipo. Yeah, THAT much of a difference.

I'm planning on popping the gun open today, but before I did I figured I'd ask the masses if they had any ideas of what the problem could be.

2. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    It probably just needs new brushes. When you check, also take a close look at the commutator and make sure it's not worn down, cracked, scorched, etc.

3. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    So basically the motor might be the issue? correct?

4. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Either the motor (most likely), or a blown bushing (very unlikely).

5. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Your battery could also be jacked.

6. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Yeah, if your lipo wasn't stored correctly it could have been damaged over 4 months, I mean stored at a good voltage not physical damage. (Could have happened also though)

7. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Everything has basically been covered. I doubt the bushing break, but it's most likely your battery, second likely your motor.

8. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    I'm 99.9% sure it's the gun as the battery performed normally on my other guns. Thanks for the ideas/input though.
    I never got a chance to pop open teh gun, so it looks like it may be a multi-day project throughout the week... oh joy

9. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    I doubt it- your motor will probably the issue, you just have to install and reshim.

10. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    I was actually replying to the comment about the battery. I guess my wording could have been better. Yes, I think it's the motor also. I've already ordered a new motor so I can compare the 2.

11. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    You said it'd be a multiple day project, and I said I doubted it. Right?

Edit: If you ever need a part to test but aren't 100% sure you'll need it- like a motor in this case, send me yours to test, or I'll sell you mine for you to test, just pay shipping. You live in FL so it should be cheap, and I'm more then happy to help with simple stuff like that.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012